Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got no real issue's, I just want to get some ads in their proper place

Comment

I updated to it this week. Oh my. I am not a programmer and frankly, I shouldn't have to be either. I'm fairly knowlegable and have been administering and customizing a vBulletin for an organization for a couple of years now. I have spent countless hours trying to fix the problems this upgrade has caused. I kept seeing that this new version was available, so like a good little admin, I installed it. I made a critical mistake - since nothing is spoon fed to you by vBulletin, I guess you're expected to research every upgrade, every everything. First, the template no longer worked. We had spent hours customizing our template (admittedly a free one to begin with and it won't be updated to 4.x) so there were many hours this week finding a new template and putting it back in order so that it matched the main site. Then, of course, none of our older mods worked. Wow. In all my years of software development project management, I have never seen such an irresponsible release. Seriously. So, now all the mods are back (all the ones that someone has actually bothered to upgrade) and now people are complaining that they can't log in - it has something to do with the www. version of our site vs. the non www. version. Whatever, I'm off to research that so that maybe I can fix it and all the panicked "I can't log in" emails will stop.

I love vBulletin but after this week, I'm saying to myself, "I can't believe we paid for this." These changes and really sloppy programming are COSTING US MONEY.

I'm not happy and if you're thinking about upgrading and aren't very technically savvy, don't do it - at least not until it actually works correctly without a million tweaks and fixes.

Comment

Originally posted by janellez View Post
        now people are complaining that they can't log in - it has something to do with the www. version of our site vs. the non www. version. Whatever, I'm off to research that so that maybe I can fix it and all the panicked "I can't log in" emails will stop.
        I had that, my techie guy just re-directed my www. version to the non www. version, I don't know how, but it only took him a couple of minutes and the problem was solved.

testing 1..2..3

Comment

Thanks - I probably need to do that too but I made the "keep me logged in" button checked by default and it seems to be working now.

Comment

Originally posted by janellez View Post
            Thanks - I probably need to do that too but I made the "keep me logged in" button checked by default and it seems to be working now.
            I haven't seen where to do that.

Comment

Other than the problem described in this thread: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...mplate-changes requiring me to use the fugly default vBulletin theme, everythings peachy.
              Vote for these items in the tracker: Image Watermarking ----- Search Algorithm Sucks ----- Drop Main CSS section from style manager ------ Simplify process to accept pending group join requests ------ Add option to publish to the wall of a "Fan Page" in addition to the user's personal FB wall. ------ CMS Should physically resize images into thumbnails and not scale via CSS

Comment

I'm having widget problems on the CMS.

They are aligning up in a grid pattern instead of some breathing room between them.

Also, my recent forum activity is not updating for days now even though the settings are checked for most recent posts.

Link to site.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountainwxman View Post

They are aligning up in a grid pattern instead of some breathing room between them.

Link to site.
                  I've seen a number of posts about that and also a fix posted somewhere, but I can't find it, sorry.

This is just one of a number of reasons I've not upgraded from 4.02 to 4.03.

testing 1..2..3

Comment

I regret it now.

4.0.2 was working fine.

EDIT: for those having this problem, I found the threads that fix this, finally.

Thread 1

Thread 2
                    Last edited by Mountainwxman; Sun 18 Apr '10, 10:02am.

Comment

I regret it now.

4.0.2 was working fine.
                      3.8.4 was working fine.
                      ...steven
                      www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
                      bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
                      "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

Also, my recent forum activity is not updating for days now even though the settings are checked for most recent posts.

Link to site.
                        So we're not the only ones. We're discussing this in the following thread: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...oes-not-update.

I am sure this was fixed in 4.02 or maybe 4.01, not sure what changed. Perhaps must submit a bug report again.

Comment

Shoot I'm a 4.0.2er and this thread scares the bejeezus out of me as I have a heavily modded board. I've been contemplating this upgrade since its release and have yet to pull the trigger. Maybe I should wait for 4.0.4? lolz

Comment

I am not running a super complex site. I am fairly happy with 4.0.3 now that it has been in place and tweaked for a couple of weeks. My users are no longer complaining. It was a rough first couple of days though. There were a couple of things I did wrong - but that's my fault not the software's fault. Probably would have been better to wait until 4.0.5.

The stylevars and templates are horribly documented in my opinion.

Comment

I got the categories bug again, for some reason:

Comment

Just did an update from 4.0 PL1 to 4.0.3 in my test environment and I'd have to say it was a complete success minus the modifications I'll need to reapply. I'll worry about reapplying them once I upgrade production tomorrow night tho.
                                sigpic

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X