Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Group membership allows access to a certain forum

How can I set this up?

I want to create a group, where if members join that group they will have access to a certain forum.

Will this be users paying to access that group or how will you be managing this?

As far as the forum itself is concerned, once you set the forum up, go into AdminCP > Forums & Moderators > Forum Permissions and remove access for all usergroups that you don't want to have access to that forum.
    Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -
    *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
    - Highlight the correct navigation tab when you are on a custom page
    - "Quick Route" Interface...
    - Allow to use custom icons for individual forums

Comment

No it's free. It's using those social groups and such.

Comment

Is there a way to do this?

Comment

You can do this with 'Public Joinable Groups', as admin you need to setup the group, and the forum, then set the permissions for both. You can also set a group leader to approve the join request.

You can also do it with 'Social Groups', this way you can let the users set the group up, decide if it's visible to the public and manage the discussions within it.

Comment

Originally posted by S1OPP View Post
            You can do this with 'Public Joinable Groups', as admin you need to setup the group, and the forum, then set the permissions for both. You can also set a group leader to approve the join request.

You can also do it with 'Social Groups', this way you can let the users set the group up, decide if it's visible to the public and manage the discussions within it.
            Alright I got it now. Thanks a lot!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X