Full RSS in threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Full RSS in threads

How do I get the full RSS article into my thread? Currently I have this set up in my RSS Feed Manager:

Title template = {feed:title}

Body template = {feed:description}

{feed:content:encoded}

More...

And here's what I get: See screen shot provided

Thanks.
    Attached Files

Anyone? Please?

Comment

I am pretty sure that the amount of the feed that you get is set by the feed provider. If they only allow say 100 characters then you will only get 100 characters...unfortunately
      Best regards
      Ian
      "Everyone wants to fly, but some people just haven't realised it yet"
      www.recreationalflying.com
      NOTE: This post remains solely the property of the poster and any reference to it is done so by the acceptance of this condition. Also elements of whatever I posted were previously used by a competing site so the post is also made on the condition that it can not be used by Glenn Inwood of Cowra NSW Australia or anyone associated with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilfred1 View Post
        I am pretty sure that the amount of the feed that you get is set by the feed provider. If they only allow say 100 characters then you will only get 100 characters...unfortunately
        Are we sure about that?

Comment

yes, you can only get what they provide you.
          you can always write a scrapper script to go get the whole feed, but as far as RSS is concerned, you're stuck with what you have.
          -- Web Developer for hire
          ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

Sorry but there is such a thing as full text RSS and I had it before but after upgrading I lost it. There is a code to do with content..

Comment

I would like to know how to do this too - I am in the same boat - I currently use:

{rss:description}
              {rss:link}

{rss:content:encoded}

More...

And get

Sterling faces a tough week in the markets as more key data is set to be released...

http://www.currencysolutions.co.uk/p...ling-early-on-

Sterling faces a tough week in the markets as more key data is set to be released...

More...

Comment

Originally posted by crazyace View Post
                Are we sure about that?
                yes, positive
                the only way around is to go to the site and manually view the thread/article and copy the content that way.
                or create a mod that pulls the whole article
                -- Web Developer for hire
                ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

The following is why RSS feeds normally do not provide the full article:

17USC102 - Fair Use

Comment

unfortunatly, this question gets turned into something it isn't by most people who read it, as I've had the same issue as you.

You should be able to agregate the entire rss feed provided by another site, however the vbulletin rss poster robot is horrible, and picks up a random amount of letters from the rss feed, making the rss poster robot a complete joke.

I've issued a support ticket and recieved the same answer that your recieving here, which is simply incorrect. We are not trying to pull the entire article, just the entire feed.

Many sites provide rss feeds for you to pull and post to your site, formatted how they want the rss feed formated, with as much or as little information as they want you to pull, almost always followed by a "click here for more" link (or you usually add your own).

This allows the site you pull from to provide you with some information, but you have to go to the site to get all of it.

In 3.8.x I used to pull from mmo champ and wow.com, it used to pull the RSS feed just like it showed, and you'd get an idea of the article, click the link to the full article, then you could comment on the article on your site.

This is an actual rss poster robot repost of an rss feed I just recently had:

Cataclysm Closed Beta - NDA Lift
                    Updates05:10 AM CET - Fixed a couple of annoying

more...
                    Its gotten even worse since mmo champ moved to vbulletin4 as well. My news section went from being one of the most active parts of my forums....well i'm lookin at the last 20 posts, and not a single post from a member in those threads.

It looks like its time to remove that forum.

Comment

Well looks like nothing came of this as I would also like to see more info posted into my threads from a feed. Seeing the image in the thread from the feed would also be great.

Comment

Type the feed's xml/rss/whatever URL into your browser. If you are expecting to see more than what you see then, you're out of luck.
                        My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
                        vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X