Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reeve of Shinra
    replied
    I think you have to keep the window up - digitalpoint mentioned having to restart the process a few times during his 7 day oddesy

Leave a comment:

• Biker
    replied
    I'm not sure that you need to leave the browser up when you start the process. All it's doing is displaying the results once you start rebuild. And you can run it while the site is up. I ran mine late at night when the impact to the membership would be minimal. Not sure how long it took. I started it and went to bed. **grin**

Leave a comment:

• wynode
    replied
    EDIT:

Actually in regards to the searchshell.php script.....is that only if you're using the Internal vBulletin search feature ? (I'm using MYSQL Ful text search.
    Last edited by wynode; Sat 3 Apr '10, 3:28am.

Leave a comment:

• Riasat
    replied
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...g-search-index

Leave a comment:

• wynode
    started a topic [Forum] Rebuilding Search Index

Rebuilding Search Index

Hi,

Having upgraded to vB4.0.2 I need to update the search indexes. The site is using MYSQL full text search (vB search disabled).

Question is:
    1. Is it possible to rebuild the search index while the site is still open and in use?
    2. Is there a way to run the index rebuild without having to keep a browser window open?

Reason for the latter is that if it is going to take a fair few hours/days, I don't want to have to leave a browser /computer on.

Site has around 77,000 threads and 1.4Million posts.