Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok I'll bite... Which stylevar controls the threadbit display?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Ok I'll bite... Which stylevar controls the threadbit display?

In the attached image you'll see threads still in black. I found the rest of the display stylevars but which one controls the background for the ones still in black?
    Attached Files

threadbit_background stylevar controls background color of threadbit areas. You can directly overwrite these within additional.css by using the following

Code:
    .threadbit .nonsticky, .threadbit .discussionrow { background: #ddd; }

Comment

It appears that stylevar interface is malfunctioning. It will take a color but ignores the background image. I used the url() around the path to the image but it completely ignores it. Works fine in the other stylevars.
      As for your fix, thank you. One last question.
      Code:
      .threadbit .nonsticky, .threadbit .discussionrow { background-image: url([URL]http://animeappeal.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3243[/URL]); }
      That's how I modified it to use the image. It's looking at the top part of the image which is lighter in shade. It's a gradient sliver that's 5px wide by 60px high. Is there a way to make it look at the center of the image so it matches the rest of the page?
      setishock
      Last edited by setishock; Fri 2 Apr '10, 11:05am.

Comment

Where exactly would I do this at? Where is additional.css? I see it on the main css page in admincp, but I don't see an option to save any changes.

Comment

additional.css is a template under the group CSS Templates.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
            additional.css is a template under the group CSS Templates.
            I found it. Now I have to figure out how to make changes to it so that stylevars show up in ALL browsers, and not just some. I have no idea what I'm doing, but I'm betting I figure it out faster than if I wait for it to get fixed.

Comment