Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can VB4 CMS be set just to show forum posts instead of articles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fwfp
    replied
    Originally posted by Kode View Post
    I assume that you can edit the widgets to format the way you like and control the settings of the RC widget to show only chosen forums?
    I wonder how to make it show images and and the first couple of lines in post?

Leave a comment:

• Kode
    replied
    Yeah but it is in beta and honestly I have to hack it so much to do what I need it to do. Really want a one stop shop if it is possible.

Leave a comment:

• setishock
    replied
    Originally posted by Harv View Post
    That was the (one of) the beauties of VBAdvanced
    There is a version for vb4.

Leave a comment:

• Kode
    replied
    Ok, thought I was going crazy when I was researching this and couldn't find anything on it. I bet putting the widget in there for recent conversations would work. I have been holding off on buying vbb4 until I was certain this would be possible. My users are addicted to the front portal.

I assume that you can edit the widgets to format the way you like and control the settings of the RC widget to show only chosen forums?

Leave a comment:

• Harv
    replied
    Originally posted by Lynne View Post
    Yeah, you could probably do that, or change your css so that is hidden, but it would be nice to actually be able to create pages/sections in there without the articles/primary content.
    That was the (one of) the beauties of VBAdvanced

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    Yeah, you could probably do that, or change your css so that is hidden, but it would be nice to actually be able to create pages/sections in there without the articles/primary content.

Leave a comment:

• Harv
    replied
    You can't remove the Primary Content Area, but would leaving it empty (no articles) work? Then you could just have a recent posts widget where you would normally have Primary Content?

Leave a comment:

• Can VB4 CMS be set just to show forum posts instead of articles?

I have always used vbadvanced as a template to get the look and feel I wanted to do this but getting tired of the constant upgrade and recoding. I was hoping you could just set the CMS of vb4 to show in the middle the last 10 discussions from selected forums. I see there is a Promote To Article feature, just want this to happen automatically.