Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Posts out of order - any way to fix this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Posts out of order - any way to fix this?

My host got their server clock out of whack at some point overnight, and for a time this morning, it was running 8 hours fast. So, all of the posts were, of course, showing up as posted eight hours in the future.

They've got their server straightened out, but now new posts are "insterting" ahead of posts that were made earlier this morning with an advanced time stamp.

Any way to go back in and correct this? Some way to manually adjust the time stamp on the posts to put them back in order?

Oh, it gets even better. The flood check is holding back PMs, too.

The following errors occurred with your submission
    This forum requires that you wait 10 seconds between sending private messages. Please try again in 27013 seconds.

Dandy!

Comment

I've had this happen on my site. Unless you want to go into the database and manually change the post dates on a bunch of posts, it's best to just let it ride out. Set the search flood to 0 for the next couple of hours and hopefully that will be a temporary fix.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

The most annoying thing in the world. Last time it happened to me, it got so confusing for my members that I closed the forum for the 4 hours it was off.

Comment

This is happening to me as well, you wouldn't happen to be hosted by Media Temple by any chance would you? Seems to be a common issue with vB sites hosted on mT.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X