Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any ideas on the cause. I was able to log in under someones account in IE and was able to post.

I am using Vista.

Some of the users having trouble are computer save including someone that makes their living with skins. It seems this started happening for me after 4.0.3 but it seems others have had the problem longer. This does not affect everyone.

The have cleared cookies can cache, and still can't start new threads or post. It seems like the one thing they have in common is IE but it is not all IE users.

Comment

Our users on AOL cant do a darn thing. There seems to be now fixes for them that we have found. Upgrading to a current browser fixes most but the AOL issue is a dead end. Suggestions? Some just dont want to switch or cant I know.

Comment

Are they clicking remember me when they're logging in?

Comment

What happens if you use the default vBulletin style?

Comment

I have experienced this problem on my site and thought it was just me, but I just had a member complain about it! After reading this, I can confirm it is not mod security, as I have it turned off. I do find it happens mostly if not exclusively when using IE.

Members posting:
            I have a weird problem with the website and before you start blaming my keyboard or computer, let me say this ONLY happens here...
            when I try to reply on threads its like half of my keys dont work unless I press them several times !
            if I try to scroll down to read the question again it automaticly scrolls up again
            its like someting is running on the background witch uses to much space

Comment

This thread is three years old...please start your own thread with full details of the issue.

Note that Vista isn't a supported platform.
              MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
              AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X