4.0.2 PL4 CMS Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4.0.2 PL4 CMS Issue

After following all the instructions and uploading all of the files, people can no longer view my webpage at www.domain.com; yet if they go to www.domain.com/index.php they get an error not allowing them to view the page without being logged in.

I had no issues what so ever prior to this patch. Is there a way to revert back until something of use is actually put out?

Can someone move this to the installations and upgrades section.

Originally posted by mindfawk View Post
    After following all the instructions and uploading all of the files, people can no longer view my webpage at www.domain.com; yet if they go to www.domain.com/index.php they get an error not allowing them to view the page without being logged in.

I had no issues what so ever prior to this patch. Is there a way to revert back until something of use is actually put out?

Can someone move this to the installations and upgrades section.
    Did you uncomment forum.php or index.php in your previous version?
    ...steven
    www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
    bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
    "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

No, but I have fixed the blank page issue, now it states that users don't have permissions to view even though every user group has been given read access.

Comment

Why.Do.People.Use.The.Suggestion.Forum.For.Support.

AHHH!

Comment

Originally posted by smooth-c View Post
          Why.Do.People.Use.The.Suggestion.Forum.For.Support.

AHHH!
          Why waste your time replying when I had already asked it to be moved to a different section, it tends to happen when multi-tasking and reading multiple forums to try and resolve an issue without having to post a thread..

Comment

Forgive me but there's way too many support threads in "Suggestions" lately, it's just irritating.

Comment

Forgive me but there's way too many support threads in "Suggestions" lately, it's just irritating.
              Guess it goes to show that mods aren't looking here otherwise it would have been moved.
              Guess suggestions aren't being read either.
              ...steven
              www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
              bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
              "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

Presales is probably you're best bet for it getting noticed

Sarcasm

Comment

IMO it hard to get help when your a novice so you try different areas hoping you would get a respond or someone to help but no one really help. How about stop getting irritated and offer a little help to someone that needs it.

Comment

Ever think that maybe "multi-tasking and reading multiple forums" and being a noob contributed to the problem in the first place. Then your first post on the subject blames the problem on VB "Is there a way to revert back until something of use is actually put out"? I'd put you on a back burner too, just 'cuz I could.

Comment

Don't feel bad. I don't think it much matters where you're posting questions these days. If it's 4 related, the rest of the users are as baffled as you are so they don't have answers, and staff either isn't reading them or doesn't have the time/initiative to respond, so they don't have answers. It seems you're pretty much on your own now to make this software work. I can understand the frustration of wanting to post in every available subforum on the site in an attempt to get somebody... anybody to give you an answer.
                      Anybody who says "it can't be done" will usually be interrupted by somebody who is already doing it.

Comment

Are all of your sections published?
                        Are your articles published?
                        Do you have your articles set to "Make available for subnav" yes or no?
                        Can guests view the forum (AdminCP > Usergroups > Usergroup Manager > Edit the Unregistered / Not logged in group, Can View Forums)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X