Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• m1thr0s
    replied
    found it: ACP-->Settings-->Forum Display Options-->Hot Threads Qualifying Views (for anyone else looking for this)...

Leave a comment:

• m1thr0s
    replied
    oh c'mon...one of you brainiacs must have an answer to this!!!

vBulletin 4 defines *hot* threads as threads that have had 15+ replies OR 150+ views. What I want to do is simply remove the 150+ views part of this criterion because it was ill-conceived to begin with and means that older threads that may have only had 1 or so replies are counted as *hot* simply because they may have been *viewed* 150+ times - which includes search engine views unless you are blocking these.

It was a bad idea to include that ridiculous *OR* criterion and I simply want to remove that clause...so where do I go to do this?

edit - I would even be content to push the 150+ views to something more rational, say, 1500+ views...does that make things any easier?
    Last edited by m1thr0s; Wed 31 Mar '10, 8:13am.

Leave a comment:

• m1thr0s
    started a topic [Forum] Old threads displaying as hot?

Old threads displaying as hot?

I have noticed that vb4 is displaying very old threads with as little as 1 reply and no rating assigned as *hot*.

I want this changed and am willing to do it myself but have no idea where this can be adjusted.

can anyone help with this?