Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loco.M
    replied
    we upgraded to 4.0.4 and had this problem, why would we need to run a 4.0.2_salt file? (which I still don't see)

thx

Leave a comment:

• Loco.M
    replied
    Originally posted by Lynne View Post
    No, it isn't supposed to be run automatically. If you look at the announcement, he specifically states to run it. It is needed to modify the database. If you don't run it, then you WILL have problems.
    where does it say that?
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...-Now-Available

I don't see this file at all..

install/upgrade_402_salt.php

Leave a comment:

• steven s
    replied
    Same issue for me.
    I ran the 4.0.2_salt script when it was released.
    Updated to pl4 over the weekend.

EDIT: Fixed
    Changed user.salt from 3 to 30 even though I know I ran the salt upgrade and again went through the process with pl4.
    Last edited by steven s; Mon 29th Mar '10, 11:00am.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    No, it isn't supposed to be run automatically. If you look at the announcement, he specifically states to run it. It is needed to modify the database. If you don't run it, then you WILL have problems.

Leave a comment:

• TosaInu
    replied
    Isn't salt.php supposed to be run automatically? I did a plain upgrade and there was no warning anywhere about this. The upgrade seemed fine and it's by coincidence that I run into this. Because I can still login to my own account, but new users and updated passwords can't.

The database turns out to be still salt char(3).

This could become a very serious and hairpulling problem and simply means death for any forum. No new users and any reset renders an account worthless. The user can do nothing about it, nor I using the ACP.

I understand that this Suite changed a lot and that there will be extra problems, but I really hope the upgrade will become more robust.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    It updates the salt field in the database to be larger.

Leave a comment:

• dennisuello
    replied
    Originally posted by Lynne View Post
    Did you run the install/upgrade_402_salt.php script when doing the upgrade?
    I did.

I just ran it again and it now works. What does the script do?

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    Did you run the install/upgrade_402_salt.php script when doing the upgrade?

Leave a comment:

• After 4.0.2 upgrade new users can't login after logging out

I got a few reports, so I tried it myself. Created a new account, able to browse/view welcome PM. I then deleted cookies, so it logged me out. Try to log in again as that new user - get invalid username/password message. I am able to log in with my regular account just fine.