VB 4.0.2 is too slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] VB 4.0.2 is too slow

OK, I have changed settings to help speed up my forums but I continue to get posts from my members like these two in the last 10 minutes complaining about how slow it is.

Its so slow and i always get an error on page notice?
    Access from my mobile is now working, but the 3 error popups for every page is quite annoying.
    It has been a bit slower lately (occasionally by browser times out).
    I was using this page http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...Customizations

and it still takes long to load the pages "Page generated in 4.8566 seconds with 104 queries." Is this going to be the norm for VB? Is there anything else that can be done besides changing forum software?

FLYFISHBC : Page generated in 2.8617 seconds with 90 queries. for me. Nice page but way too slow
    BCFISHINGREPORTS : Page generated in 3.9936 seconds with 84 queries. Took a long time hearing anything from that page.

Comment

Yes, too many queries /page.
      Need to be optimized.
      diễn đàn công nghệ | iphone | blackberry | tu dien | bao da

Comment

Originally posted by dihuta View Post
        Yes, too many queries /page.
        Need to be optimized.
        how the heck do you do that? Is this because of vB 4.0.2 because my sites was not like that with 3.8.4!!

Comment

Wow that is slow...

But my site isn't that big yet...
          Mopar1973Man.Com Forum and Article Database Powered By vBulletin 4.2.0 & Joomla 2.5.11 -~- Michael Nelson -> SoonTM to be Invision Power Board Powered
          Posted With Ubuntu Linux 12.04.2

Comment

Just took a peak at your sites:

FireFox: Page generated in 0.776 seconds with 83 queries. (Fly Fish BC)
            Chrome: Page generated in 0.6464 seconds with 83 queries. (Fly Fish BC)

That site is also 18 hops away from me, but from click to full display wasn't too bad. If you have not optimized your servers, may want to have eva2000 take a look.
            To be updated...

Comment

Your sites are extremely slow for me and a pain to browse. While that may be ok for some, what is unacceptable is that in both your sites recent posts modules the html is showing up... take a look at this screenshot.

Infact I have noticed the same issue with a lot of vB 4 sites these days.
              www.erodov.com :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by ENF View Post

FireFox: Page generated in 0.776 seconds with 83 queries. (Fly Fish BC)
                Chrome: Page generated in 0.6464 seconds with 83 queries. (Fly Fish BC)
                Try this one, BCFISHINGREPORTS its way worse, both set up the same but one has more content and members.

Originally posted by ENF View Post
                If you have not optimized your servers, may want to have eva2000 take a look.
                So, if this is the case, why would anyone want to use Vbulletin 4.0 Software? I was using vB3.8.4 with vBaCMPS and never had any problems, now I have to disable/enable all these different settings just to get the load times between 2-4 seconds per page. This is unacceptable, am I wrong? Also the fact that VB staff never seem to reply to these threads is concerning, yes they are under pressure to get it working right but they make their own bed!! I own two licenses, both upgraded to vB4, which now seems to be a mistake!! On my main forum BCFR I have lost over half on my regular members and its continually getting worse because of the load times!! VB Staff Members, chime here, say it will be alright and the next upgrade will fix it all, wishful thinking right! I sell advertising on my sites and if know one is on them how is that going to work?

Dont get me wrong, I like the software, how it looks, works and how easy it is to customize but its simply to slow!
                Last edited by Bergler; Sat 27 Mar '10, 11:42am.

Comment

I may be talking out my gazootenblatz but have you tried disabling any add on's you have installed and seeing if that speeds things up?

Comment

Originally posted by setishock View Post
                    I may be talking out my gazootenblatz but have you tried disabling any add on's you have installed and seeing if that speeds things up?
                    Forgive me for asking a potential stupid question, but where are the Add-ons located? Are they in my Admin CP??

DAVID COPELAND
                    Licensed VB Holder Since 2000
                    Celebrating 20 Years with VB

Comment

Originally posted by David Copeland View Post
                      Forgive me for asking a potential stupid question, but where are the Add-ons located? Are they in my Admin CP??
                      Yes in manage plugins.

Comment

Actually, most 'add-ons' that someone may have installed in a forum would be found in 'Manage Products'.

Comment

Originally posted by setishock View Post
                          Yes, I have almost disabled them all except a few, but hasn't mad much of a difference. I guess me and others suffering from the same fate are just SOL, sorry about your luck!!

Comment

Originally posted by punchbowl View Post
                            FLYFISHBC : Page generated in 2.8617 seconds with 90 queries. for me. Nice page but way too slow
                            BCFISHINGREPORTS : Page generated in 3.9936 seconds with 84 queries. Took a long time hearing anything from that page.
                            How do I get the page generation and query info?

Comment

Originally posted by zlmark View Post
                              How do I get the page generation and query info?
                              http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=239146

Comment