Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error Upgrading To 4.0.2 PL2

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Forum] Error Upgrading To 4.0.2 PL2

    Just downloaded the security upgrade and tried to run it and came up againts this error:

    Code:
    Warning: require_once(./upgradecore.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/c1rtnsn/public_html/forum/install/upgrade_402_salt.php on line 25
    
    Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required './upgradecore.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/c1rtnsn/public_html/forum/install/upgrade_402_salt.php on line 25
    Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated

    EDIT: Just to add there was no upgradecore.php included in the install folder of the security upgrade that I downloaded from the members area
    Last edited by Keith W; Wed 24 Mar '10, 3:58pm. Reason: To add further info
    CTO @ ECM

  • #2
    The upgradecore.php should be in place from your original files. This may happen if you deleted the entire 'install' folder instead of only install.php

    I recommend you download the full package and reupload all the original files.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

    Please don't contact me per PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      If you are running VB version 4.0.2 and 4.0.2 PL 1, the process is a little different.
      1) Download the 4.0.2 PL 2 patch files.
      2) Set your site to be offline.
      3) Upload the patch files your vbulletin directory.
      4) Upload your install directory from your vBulletin package.
      5) Run the url http://your.site.com/vBdirectory/ins...e_402_salt.php
      6) Set your site to be online.

      *Edit*
      Colin beat me to it.
      Andrew Elkins
      Former vBulletin Developer

      Please do not PM me for support, please use the support system.

      #1 rule before doing anything to a live site, Backup, Test and Re-Test.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Andrew Elkins View Post
        If you are running VB version 4.0.2 and 4.0.2 PL 1, the process is a little different.
        1) Download the 4.0.2 PL 2 patch files.
        2) Set your site to be offline.
        3) Upload the patch files your vbulletin directory.
        4) Upload your install directory from your vBulletin package.
        5) Run the url http://your.site.com/vBdirectory/ins...e_402_salt.php
        6) Set your site to be online.

        *Edit*
        Colin beat me to it.
        I did that the first time, however I had deleted the install directory when I did my last upgrade - as Colin pointed out I may have done.

        I reuploaded the install directory and have run the script but it seems to have stopped at the following and is not progressing:

        Code:
        vBulletin 4.0.2 Security Patch
        
        Altering user Table (1 of 1)
        Completed
        Any thoughts?
        CTO @ ECM

        Comment


        • #5
          Now to complete the process, you need to change your password.

          vBulletin QA - vBulletin Support French - Lead Project Tools developer

          Next release? Soon(tm)

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by PitchouneN64ngc View Post
            Now to complete the process, you need to change your password.
            Exactly, all admins should change their passwords. Once that is done, you should be safe from this vulnerability.
            Andrew Elkins
            Former vBulletin Developer

            Please do not PM me for support, please use the support system.

            #1 rule before doing anything to a live site, Backup, Test and Re-Test.

            Comment


            • #7
              Many thanks Andrew, your assistance is much appreciated
              CTO @ ECM

              Comment


              • #8
                I did all this, and I have now been locked out of both my forums as the super admin. I have submitted a ticket and would appreciate if someone could view it as a priority please. I have zero access to my forums after completing this patched update IAW the announcement instructions.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by anthonyparsons View Post
                  I did all this, and I have now been locked out of both my forums as the super admin. I have submitted a ticket and would appreciate if someone could view it as a priority please. I have zero access to my forums after completing this patched update IAW the announcement instructions.
                  Did you try to get access using tools.php?
                  To be updated...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Yep... just fixed it myself. The only way it would allow me to do it is to create a new user from scratch, edit via phpmyadmin and config file to super admin, then had to reset my actual #1 userid, remove the salt code, password, etc etc... and it managed to work via phpmyadmin.

                    Comment

                    widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X