X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Transfering database from one domain to another

I currently own www.uscoininfo.com and www.coinforums.com

coinforums.com redirects to uscoininfo.com

We'd like to change the primary domain to coinforums.com, I know I need to buy another license, but besides that, what would be the best way to go about doing this?

Can I just point the new install of coinforums.com to uscoininfo's database?
    Coin Collecting Forums
    Battlefield Bad Company 2 Wiki (In the Works)

Change your name severs and redirect it to the new domain, ask your webhost for assistance if needed

If you discard www.uscoininfo.com and only host coinforums, you could change your VB domain, you DON"T need another license.

Comment

Originally posted by netblix View Post
      Change your name severs and redirect it to the new domain, ask your webhost for assistance if needed

If you discard www.uscoininfo.com and only host coinforums, you could change your VB domain, you DON"T need another license.
      Thanks, I am the host, also.

If I were to seperate the two domains, which I was just thinking I'd like to do (two completely different sites), is it possible to easily use the old uscoininfo.com database in the fresh install of coinforums.com?
      Coin Collecting Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Jesh View Post
        Thanks, I am the host, also.

If I were to seperate the two domains, which I was just thinking I'd like to do (two completely different sites), is it possible to easily use the old uscoininfo.com database in the fresh install of coinforums.com?
        Yes, that is possible.

Comment

Originally posted by borbole View Post
          Yes, that is possible.
          thanks for the info!
          Coin Collecting Forums

Comment

Originally posted by borbole View Post
            Yes, that is possible.
            I tried this and it does not work since the domain names are different. Do you know which tables I should not import from uscoininfo.com into the fresh install on coinforums.com?
            Coin Collecting Forums

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X