Chaning Author of Article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] Chaning Author of Article

Is it possible to change the author of articles? I can't find an option to do so.

On our site, members can submit articles and if they are of high enough quality, we publish them. So we would like to change the author of articles to suit.

Cheers.
    Please feel free to add me on MSNM - would love to have some fellow vBulletin users added to discuss ideas re. the software!

Not sure if you can do it from the admincp or similar, but you can do it in phpmyadmin if you're comfortable in there. You just need to check the userID for the username you want to change to, then edit the post in phpmyadmin and change those. If you've never been in phpmyadmin ignore this, or at the very least be careful to note any change you make. It's a place you can make a real mess in if you're not sure what you're doing.

Comment

Yeah I know how to edit stuff in phpMyAdmin. Which tables need to be edited?
      Please feel free to add me on MSNM - would love to have some fellow vBulletin users added to discuss ideas re. the software!

Comment

Not sure, should only this table cms_article.

Oh, my god, why I had changed the postauthor successfully in DB, but refresh the article, the author is unchanged.

Did I change the wrong table?
        Best Regards,
        Jerry

Comment

The correct table is 'cms_node' and the column name is 'userid'

Comment

Originally posted by ercule View Post
            The correct table is 'cms_node' and the column name is 'userid'
            wow, done! thanks a lot, ercule.
            Best Regards,
            Jerry

Comment

Do any of you know how to remove the author name and when it was published from the "related article" widget that came with vBulletin 4?

Comment

Does anyone know if there a mod for this??

Comment