Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lynne
    replied
    I have no experience with SEO at all since that has never been an interest for me and my site. Personally, I turned on the tags primarily for use in a couple of forums where some users wanted to be able to specify a category, or several categories, for their type of music. I wrote a mod that puts a bunch of tags at the bottom of the thread for them to pick for their show - predefined tags, basically. But, I do let them use the tags in the non-serious forums also and they have fun with them. But, those forums are hidden from unregistered users, so they don't get indexed at all.

I think using them is really up to you and your forums needs.

Leave a comment:

• audiokid
    replied
    Hi Lynne,

Interesting. What do you think produces the best vb community and SEO. Do tags help with google indexing, what do tags really do?

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    Managing the tags allows you to merge two tags that are similar or remove tags you feel are inappropriate.

You may set it up so users are not allowed to add tags, but only use existing tags. In that case, it is useful for admins to add tags to the system for the users to use.

Leave a comment:

• audiokid
    started a topic [Forum] Tagging FAQ

Tagging FAQ

CP>Admin>Tagging

Add Tag

How does managing the Tagging section benefit (merging, deleting etc) the forums?

Can I improve things by adding words into the ( CP>Admin>Tagging ) Ad Tag box?