3 Different Servers Crashed last night running vb4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] 3 Different Servers Crashed last night running vb4

My friends server, where my vbulletin is running on crashed last night His mate and his mates mate lol did the same thing. They are all running vb4? Do you think there maybe a floor in vbulletin 4 somewhere that people are exploiting?

My site is still down, been down since last night when he tried to restart the server.

Might be nothing to do with vbulletin 4 but then again it might be.
    My Football Forum

Shared hosting can be hazardous if you get put on a server that have sites that get attacked. My test site is on a server box that has some sites that get attacked on a regular basis. It's irritating to say the least.
    It's possible that some one that knows all of you got a bit busy last night. It's hard to make VB4 crash but not real hard to crash a server.

Also rename your admincp and modcp and update your config.php file to reflect the changes.
    Last edited by setishock; Fri 19 Mar '10, 5:19am.

Comment

Originally posted by setishock View Post
      Shared hosting can be hazardous if you get put on a server that have sites that get attacked. My test site is on a server box that has some sites that get attacked on a regular basis. It's irritating to say the least.
      It's possible that some one that knows all of you got a bit busy last night. It's hard to make VB4 crash but not real hard to crash a server.

Also rename your admincp and modcp and update your config.php file to reflect the changes.

Thanks for your reply. No my site is on his dedicated server, he has a few really small sites on it. I'm 99% sure his mates sites are separate from each other also, but they are separate from his server.
      My Football Forum

Comment

If anyone other than yourself is also using the server, it's shared. Period. End of discussion. If it's a dedicated server, YOU are the only user. There will always be a risk when you are sharing the same box with someone else. Especially when that box is hosted by a "mate" and not a professional hosting service.
        I drank WHAT?! - Socrates

Comment

Yeah I see where your coming from, the other sites are 3 -10 pages with no databases. But yeah technically its being SHARED.

The server is hosted with 1&1 and I just pay him to use it each month.
          My Football Forum

Comment

Well we have a dedicated server and my server crashed for about 12 hours! running vb

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X