Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3.8 style compatible with 4.0? how to edit CMS layout?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] 3.8 style compatible with 4.0? how to edit CMS layout?

1. Are styles for version 3.8 compatible for version 4.0 forums?

2. On the vBulletin CMS layout, how do I edit the appearance so that the "Sections" and Categories" panels aren't there? How do I add/remove panels like I don't want the Sections panel to show up at all. And in the middle column where the Articles are supposed to be, I want an RSS feed to be there but I want the Rss feed to show up in the same format as the articles do.

Any ideas?

1. No.

2. Not sure sorry.

Comment

1. No they are not compatible.

Comment

Ok thanks....now to figure out how to configure the panels on the CMS. I want to figure out how to remove some of the panels and add some in. There's the RSS widget and I have no idea how to make it show up on the page. And I also have no idea how to edit the CMS navigation toolbar at the top of the page.

Comment

RTFM. http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/content.php?151. Read especially http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/conte...Files-28PDF-29.

Then you'll know you need to go to admincp > vbulletin cms > Widgets to create the widgets, and some combination of admincp > vbulletin cms > Grid Manager and admincp > vbulletin cms > Layout Manager to arrange them on the page.
          Please- I'm not tech support. Don't send your problem reports to me unless I've asked you to.

Comment

Ok, I figured out how to do it Now I'm wondering how can I make it so that I can put up an RSS feed in the place of the Primary Content panel and have the RSS feed display the feed in the same format as the Primary Content. I want to feed the latest forum threads from certain forum sections of my forum and have them displayed in the same format as the articles were displayed in the Primary Content panel.

Comment

There is no default page that does that. I'm working on a custom php page that would do that, but it probably would be best if you posted this request on vbulletin.org.
              Please- I'm not tech support. Don't send your problem reports to me unless I've asked you to.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X