Need help with XHTML Validation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Need help with XHTML Validation

Hi, I'm not sure if you can help me with this, but in case you can, I'm looking for some pointers on how to fix the last few xhtml validation errors I have.

I started out with around 140 errors according to w3.org and after going through all my mods I have narrowed it down to 13 errors and 2 warnings.

The problem is that I can't find these errors in any template and I have no chance of finding out what file it is located in just by looking at the source code, and was wondering if you could point me in the right direction.

These are the errors:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	xhtml_errors..png
Views:	1
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	3715356

Here is the link to the validator site, including the source code:
    http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=ht...idator%2F1.767

Any help would be much appreciated. I'm trying my best to have a xhtml valid site.

Regards,
    // Archet aka Shuffle - Admin @ www.radioctrl.com

Do this - vboptions > General Settings > Add Template Name in HTML Comments > set to Yes Now go back and view your errors and check the box that says "Show Source" and then go view the error in the source and see what template it says it's in.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Thanks Lynne, but that feature will only show what template it's in? And I've already gone through all the templates manually.

When I try to locate one of the first errors, it says its between these templates:

Line 3418 <!-- END TEMPLATE: forumhome_forumbit_level1_nopost -->

and

Line 3704 <!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: forumhome_markread_script -->

Which leads me back to square one. There is no template specified for that part. And if there were I would've found it when searching in the templates anyway?

Comment

If it isn't between two, then most likely it's in the parent template listed at the very top of the page.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Hi again Lynne. That helped a lot, now I'm down to 1 error and 2 warnings.

But I can't figure out this error:

Line 3552, Column 11: ID "block_widget_div" already defined
          Code:
          <div id="[B]b[/B]lock_widget_div" class="block smaller">
          It's located in the block_threads template but it's loading it twice. Once at line 3446 and then again at 3552 which causes the error.

id="block_widget_div" is not found in any other template.

I have tried removing it and it still comes up with the same error.

Comment

Anyone? This one last error is killing me.

Comment

That looks like it should go in the bug tracker. You cannot have to things with the same id on the same page. But, it looks like there is nothing to differentiate the ids on the two threads blocks.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X