Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Why.......

http://i42.tinypic.com/ma89c1.jpg

When my members view a group homepage this is how it's displaying for them. How can I fix this?

When the sidebar is open it pushes the forum over from the left. The width of the sidebars is added in to the total width of the forum while they are open. The information displayed in the forum is then compressed so it wraps over to another line.
    The way I resolved the problem is to set the left and right margins to fix amounts centering the forum on the screen. I then set the forum width to auto. That allows the forum to adjust itself to the proper display when the sidebar is open. The text in my setup stacks instead of wrapping.
    Here's how it came out: http://animeappeal.com/forum.php?styleid=70 Open the sidebar and watch what happens to the text in the forum home page.
    Hope that helped.

Comment

Which forum width did you set to auto in stylevars?

Comment

I actually make some adjustments to several locations. Check the screen shots. Those are straight out of that style I refered to.
        When you click the style link and don't max it out, you'll get a more dramatic view of what it does,
        Attached Files
        Last edited by setishock; Wed 17th Mar '10, 2:45pm.

Comment

Alright I'll make these changes and see if this problem is still occurring. Thanks for your help.

Comment

This didn't resolve the issue any help? I'll probably run the streets naked if this gets resolved, but I won't hold my breath vB hasn't shown me any dedication as of yet to assist their customers on these issues.

Comment

On a 32" running 1920 x 1080 in 1080i mode it looks fine. There's a lot going on on each page though. When I looked at it last night on a 19" running at 1280 x 800 I saw what you were talking about. People looking at your site in lower res on smaller screens may have some issues with it not showing as intended. I catch myself building on my 32" and having to go back and revise the build for smaller screens and lower resolutions. You might try going back through it and trim off dead space like around avatars and member info displays. Give more room for other aspects of the forum to flair out.
              And I remember when the WWF was Live Atlanta Wrestling from Bell Auditorium in downtown Atlanta, Ga. Ok so I'm an old f**t.

Comment

Originally posted by FaSho View Post
                http://i42.tinypic.com/ma89c1.jpg

When my members view a group homepage this is how it's displaying for them. How can I fix this?
                Did you Google what is in your search in that pic? Any sites with a high PR? I use those for my meta tags. Want to make sure I rank.
                My Twitterings

Comment

So no resolution or what? I expected this its too predictable nowadays.

Comment

Working...
                  X