posts not showing up on search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] posts not showing up on search

I'm having trouble with the search index. I updated the search index, rebuilt thread info, made search that the forums were checked for search indexing and they were, and we're still having issues.

When we try to look at all up the posts from someone, the posts since I rebuilt the indexes don't show up.

I'm stuck!

no one?

Comment

Check Admincp > Settings > Options > Message Search Options > Queued Search Updates. If it's set to yes, then make sure you have a Scheduled Task to run it (there was a bug where it wasn't always added). Just go to Scheduled Tasks > Add New Scheduled Task and make these changes (leave all others default):

Varname: search_queue
      Title: Search Queue Update
      Minute: 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60
      Filename: ./includes/cron/queueprocessor.php

Save. Now Run it.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Ok i ran it but it's still not showing up the posts from to when I ran the search index last. It this just from here on out?

Comment

If you had the search queue turned on, and then you created that cron job and ran it, then all your posts should be indexed now. Did it run without errors? Do you now have an empty indexqueue table?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Yeah that's exactly what I did. It was on so I added it and ran it and it said "done".

I looked and that table is full and has a lot of stuff in it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X