Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help with getting CMS content back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue91
    replied
    ok, got it. reran the upgrade script and it gave me the change to import the content to the cms.

Leave a comment:

• Blue91
    replied
    How did the CMS content get to the testvb originally and why didn't it get to the production db in the same manner? Can I rerun the upgrade script?

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    Data is stored in the database. When you switched databases to your live site, then all your CMS data was no longer available which is why it is 'gone'.

Leave a comment:

• Blue91
    started a topic [CMS] Need help with getting CMS content back?

Need help with getting CMS content back?

I had vb 4.0.2 running well in a testvb environment. When I went live, I took a backup of my live dbase, and then renamed my live forums folder to something else and renamed the testvb folder to forums (making it live). I then ran the upgrade script on the "real" dbase since it was still in "3.8.4 mode".

After doing this, none of the default CMS content was there (nor the few things I'd added).

Is there a reason for this? Can someone help me get the stuff back? It never asked me during the upgrade about publishing and to give my username (like it did during the testvb dbase upgrade).

All help is appreciated.