Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upgrade to 4.0.2 and reset all styles, mods, hacks, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Upgrade to 4.0.2 and reset all styles, mods, hacks, etc.

Hello,

Currently I am running 3.8.3 and I want to do an upgrade to the latest vB. But I want to start over with a clean install, without any themes or other mods.

How can this be done? I am thinking of the next steps:

1. Do a clean install of 4.0.2
    2. Use impex to import only the users (+groups), posts, threads(+permissions), forums and uploads.

Is there any other simpler way of doing this?

Also, I would like the CMS, but at a later time. I have a setup with subdomain, forum.domain.com, it's possible to keep the same settings, to have the CMS at the domain.com address, and the forum in it's directory /forum/ ?

When I was preparing to upgrade to 4.x, I removed all modifications, reverted all templates back to normal, reverted the style back to normal, then hand massaged the database to remove any and all tables and fields that weren't part of the original installation.

Once all that was finished, I then did the upgrade.
    I drank WHAT?! - Socrates

Comment

Yes this looks like a simple operation, but I am having this software for a long time, it would be a mess to manually see what tables are new, from the Arcade, Advanced CMS and link directory, for example

How do I revert the style back to default? I modified it 5 years ago and did not touch it since

Also the language, I mean EVERYTHING I want back to default. Only users, posts, threads, etc.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X