Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Blog] My question list :)

Hi!

I purchased vBulletin and I like it a lot. I have few little questions may you can asnwer:

1) How can I change the "BLOGS" menu name?
    2) How can I sync the Blog news and comments with the forum? I want my blog entries to be displayed in a deidcated section of the forum
    3) How to create a RSS feed?
    4) I need to add a php code at the top of the page before the <html> code starts. Where shoudl I add it?

Thanks!

please

Comment

Please read our Forum Rules regarding bumping threads.

1) Blogs is just a phrase, so you can search for it in the phrase manager and change it.

2) Custom coding? I'm not sure exactly what you want here, but it doesn't sound like default vbulletin, so if you have some coding skills, you can ask for help with it over on vbulletin.org

3) Create an RSS feed for for forums? You may turn on your forums rss feed in vboptions > external data provider > enable rss syndication

4) I'm not really sure... you can try a plugin using the hook location init_startup or even global_bootstrap_init_start or global_bootstrap_init_complete. It really depends on which information you will use from the site in your code.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Thanks Lynne!
        1) It works! Thanks
        2) Will ask
        3) It works...Thanks again!
        4) Hmmm havn't found the right location inside the templates. I need to start a session and save a variable. Someone knows how to do that?

Cheers
        (and again Thanks Lynne)

Comment

4) The best place to ask for help with that would be over on vbulletin.org since that is the modification site.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment