No announcement yet.

Articles as threads once posted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] Articles as threads once posted?

Wheres the option to not make an article a thread? I created a new article and it appeared in one of my forums.

That's impossible, because CMS comments are posted in that thread... usually that thread is created in a hidden subforum, so it doesn't matter.
    When the meteor came crashing to Earth, I bet the dinosaurs were roaring at it in the hope of scaring it away. That didn’t work out so well for them. - Matt.

Comment

You can disable comments globally in admincp > settings > options > content management > associated forum for comments... set to disable comments.

Or you can do what most people do, which is make a forum for comments only and set it to display order zero. That way you can have comments but the forum isn't browseable.
      Or you can disable comments on a specific article by unchecking the "Comments" radio button on the article edit page.
      Please- I'm not tech support. Don't send your problem reports to me unless I've asked you to.

Comment

Originally posted by Edwin Brown View Post
        You can disable comments globally in admincp > settings > options > content management > associated forum for comments... set to disable comments.

Or you can do what most people do, which is make a forum for comments only and set it to display order zero. That way you can have comments but the forum isn't browseable.
        Or you can disable comments on a specific article by unchecking the "Comments" radio button on the article edit page.
        Is there a way to make the forum thread include the whole content of the CMS article? It just seems redundant to have a link that says "Go here to read the content" if it could be read in the thread itself.

Comment

No automatic way. You are confusing the discussion thread with the article. If you look at this site, you will notice that most articles have an associated discussion. The discussion is actually a thread but it displays on the article page. Most people don't want the forum visible in the normal list of fourms. I said above how to set that up. The article has a number of features, like pagination, not available in forum posts. So no, there is no way to make the forum thread include the whole of the CMS article.
          Please- I'm not tech support. Don't send your problem reports to me unless I've asked you to.

Comment

Originally posted by Edwin Brown View Post

thanks man, that was the option i was looking for!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X