vB4 - Camtasia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] vB4 - Camtasia

Hi all, I have tried to find the answer to this but all are old and outdated. My question is can I embed videos produced in camtasia into the cms and forms of vB4.

Sorry if this is a stupid question.

Thanks in advance,

Kieron

It's not one of the supported types for video, which are assumed to be hosted (Hulu, YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, Metacafe, Google, facebook). You certainly could upload the video and put the link in an HTML widget. If you know the proper html you should be able to embed that HTML into an article.
    Please- I'm not tech support. Don't send your problem reports to me unless I've asked you to.

Comment

Hi Edwin, and thank you so much for your reply. I have been freaking out over this as I have spent nearly 5k on various hardware and software for this project and to have then found embeding video is not a simply process. I'm not a programmer so I will try and figure out what you have suggested. But I am genuinely greatful for your reply. At least the stress levels have gone down somewhat. At worst case I guess I can pay for a programmer to install the vidoes as you have suggeated if I cant do it myself.
      Best wishes to you, Kieron.

Comment

I believe this is dooable with AME3 (for vB4) or AME2.5 (for vB3.x) from vbulletin.org. It is a mod that will let you add/edit media definitions. I do not know of en existing definition for Camtasia, but I doubt it would be hard to do with AME installed.

Best of luck
        My Twitterings

Comment

Thanks geed I did it but it did not seem to help but thanks for your input

Comment

I don't know what a Camtasia file looks like or the code that's used to embed it. If you could give some technical information then we would be more likely to be able to help you.
            Please- I'm not tech support. Don't send your problem reports to me unless I've asked you to.

Comment

Hi Edwin, many thanks for taking the time to try and help me with this problem, Camtasia is a screen capture software which allows you to not only record your screen activity but to also capture audio and picture in picture video of yourself giving a presentation. The program then saves the files in multipe formats depending on what one wants to do, (please see the attached file) I have also included a link to a tutorial of what the actual output looks like which is http://video.techsmith.com/camtasia/...cs_showme.html files can be stored locally, or using an online video hosting service like Amazon S3. I should probably mention also so as not to waste your time that when the program produces the files it save multiple files so the author can go back and re-edit any production without having to redo the entire video. The video I am most interested in embedding is the .SWF format as this is what I will use on vBulliten so if your any other person could give me a sample script or how to embed this it would be really helpful. Otherwise I will have dump VB until a normal soloution can be found.

I really do appreciate your assistance and help and thank you for taking the time to help me with this issue.

Respectfully,

Kieron

Click image for larger version

Name:	video formats..JPG
Views:	1
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	3678300

Comment

I didn't go through the complete tutorial, but what I get from that is that it's a video. Forget Camtasia- you may care but vBulletin doesn't. It's just a video. Personally I like Flash for videos. If you have the HTML to display your flash movie, just embed it. If you search for "video embed" you'll see a number of threads. Here's one that looks relevant.
                http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...ht=video+embed

Oh... and you have to have "use HTML" permissions enabled for the author of the article.

Comment

We use Camtasia Extensively.

Save as the SWF version, upload the files to a particular directory , in our case /tutorials
                  In Articles publisher, select html allowed for the author ( dont set this globally )
                  Then use the html from the Camtasia html page to embed your movie.swf file

Ste

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X