Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how do I remove the "What's New" tab at the top?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] how do I remove the "What's New" tab at the top?

Running 4.0.2.

there is a plugin:

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=228507

Comment

This plugin is not working good after I upgraded to 4.0.4. The "What's new" tab is always there, I checked all settings, switch off and on this plugin, deinstalled it, reinstalled, I just can't hide "What's new" tab.

Please give me some instructions how to modify template to delete this tab, I can play with this plugin later, now I just want to hide the tab.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikola Bosnjak View Post
        This plugin is not working good after I upgraded to 4.0.4. The "What's new" tab is always there, I checked all settings, switch off and on this plugin, deinstalled it, reinstalled, I just can't hide "What's new" tab.

Please give me some instructions how to modify template to delete this tab, I can play with this plugin later, now I just want to hide the tab.
        The template you need is the navbar. Find the following code and either remove it or comment it out:

HTML Code:
        <vb:if condition="!$vboptions['selectednavtab'] AND THIS_SCRIPT == 'search'">
                    <vb:if condition="$show['member']">
                    <li  class="selected"><a class="navtab" href="search.php?{vb:raw session.sessionurl}do=getnew&amp;contenttype=vBForum_Post" accesskey="2">{vb:rawphrase getnew_tab}</a>
                        <ul class="floatcontainer">
                            <li><a href="search.php?{vb:raw session.sessionurl}do=getnew&amp;contenttype=vBForum_Post">{vb:rawphrase new_posts_nav}</a></li>
                            <li><a href="search.php?{vb:raw session.sessionurl}do=getnew&amp;contenttype=vBForum_SocialGroupMessage">{vb:rawphrase new_group_messages_nav}</a></li>
                            <li><a href="search.php?{vb:raw session.sessionurl}do=getnew&amp;contenttype=vBForum_Event">{vb:rawphrase new_events_nav}</a></li>
                            {vb:raw template_hook.navbar_getnew_menu}
                            <li><a href="forumdisplay.php?{vb:raw session.sessionurl}do=markread&amp;markreadhash={vb:raw bbuserinfo.securitytoken}">{vb:rawphrase mark_forums_read}</a></li>
                        </ul>
                    </li>
                    <vb:else />
                    <li  class="selected"><a class="navtab" href="search.php?{vb:raw session.sessionurl}do=getdaily&amp;contenttype=vBForum_Post" accesskey="2">{vb:rawphrase getnew_tab}</a>
                        <ul class="floatcontainer">
                            <li><a href="search.php?{vb:raw session.sessionurl}do=getdaily&amp;contenttype=vBForum_Post">{vb:rawphrase todays_posts}</a></li>
                            <li><a href="search.php?{vb:raw session.sessionurl}do=getdaily&amp;contenttype=vBForum_SocialGroupMessage">{vb:rawphrase daily_group_message}</a></li>
                            <li><a href="search.php?{vb:raw session.sessionurl}do=getdaily&amp;contenttype=vBForum_Event">{vb:rawphrase daily_events}</a></li>
                            {vb:raw template_hook.navbar_getdaily_menu}
                            <li><a href="forumdisplay.php?{vb:raw session.sessionurl}do=markread&amp;markreadhash={vb:raw bbuserinfo.securitytoken}">{vb:rawphrase mark_forums_read}</a></li>
                        </ul>
                    </li>
                    </vb:if>
                <vb:elseif condition="$show['member']" />
                    <li><a class="navtab" href="search.php?{vb:raw session.sessionurl}do=getnew&amp;contenttype=vBForum_Post" accesskey="2">{vb:rawphrase getnew_tab}</a></li>
                <vb:else />
                    <li><a class="navtab" href="search.php?{vb:raw session.sessionurl}do=getdaily&amp;contenttype=vBForum_Post" accesskey="2">{vb:rawphrase getnew_tab}</a></li>
                </vb:if>
        Hope it helps.

Comment

Thank you! I was stuck for so long (since I red your instructions) becouse I found wrong part in my Navbar template, similar to this but on the top of template. I just ussumed that we are talking about different versions, and start to delete wrong part. Ofcourse, with no success. Tried many times, printed out the template and tried to figure out what I'm doing wrong, and then I saw that below this part there is another, exactly like the one you posted.

So, everithing is so perfect on my site now, thanks again.

Comment

Thank you! I was stuck for so long (since I red your instructions) becouse I found wrong part in my Navbar template, similar to this but on the top of template. I just ussumed that we are talking about different versions, and start to delete wrong part. Ofcourse, with no success. Tried many times, printed out the template and tried to figure out what I'm doing wrong, and then I saw that below this part there is another, exactly like the one you posted.

So, everithing is so perfect on my site now, thanks again.
            You are welcome. Glad to see that it was of help to you as well

Comment

How do I change it to display on the _end???

I cant seem to move it to the right....??

Also "Forum" tab....where do I alter its placement as well? I want it always at the start.
              If I use the plugin and position the the tab at Start then it moves in front of the "Forum" tab
              and I have no way to then move the Forum tab back to the beginning...?
              Last edited by Lampoon; Mon 18th Jul '11, 7:08am.

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showp...&postcount=671
                this one will has been updated

Comment