Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Changing background does not work

Hello there,

I have installed a fresh installation of Vbulletin 4.0.2. on my website. I have disabled the CMS and only use the forums. I want to change my background but I am experiencing trouble with that. I want to use an image as background and a color that matches the image.

For changing it I went to the stylevars > doc_background. Also known as : Background for Entire HTML Document. There I changed the color. This was succesfull. It updated like it should. When I add the link to the image, it fails in updating. Than I get the standard grey color. This was also in 4.0.1.

So how can I make my image show up in the background? What am I doing wrong or is it a known bug?

Thanks in advance.
    _Anubis

Are you using the correct css syntax for the background? url('images/whatever/background.jpg')

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Thanks Lynne. I found the error. I used a background image from the main site. Now I uploaded the image into the image folder from Vbulletin. That did it. Problem is solved. Thanks a lot for your help around here.
      _Anubis

Comment