Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You may only attach up to 5 files per post?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] You may only attach up to 5 files per post?

I wanna attach more files, what should I do?
    sigpic

AdminCP -> vBulletin Options -> Message Attachment Options -> Attachments Per Post
    sigpic

Comment

I'm getting this error in vb 4.0.2 Patch 1 when I only have one other file attached.

The file is 1.48 mb which is less than the 5mb. I assume this is a bug?

For kicks, I increase the level to 10. Now I just get an error that the Upload failed. Not reason given. The file type is .rar. I've changed the extension to .zip but still have the same problem.

When I click on upload file, the indicator goes up fairly quick but pauses when it gets to the end. It's almost like it's timing out for some reason. It seems like it times out at 20 seconds everytime.
      Last edited by kfrosty; Fri 12 Mar '10, 9:06am.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that.
        Originally posted by kfrosty View Post
        I'm getting this error in vb 4.0.2 Patch 1 when I only have one other file attached.

The file is 1.48 mb which is less than the 5mb. I assume this is a bug?

For kicks, I increase the level to 10. Now I just get an error that the Upload failed. Not reason given. The file type is .rar. I've changed the extension to .zip but still have the same problem.

When I click on upload file, the indicator goes up fairly quick but pauses when it gets to the end. It's almost like it's timing out for some reason. It seems like it times out at 20 seconds everytime.
        sigpic

Comment

Resolved the problem. I had to change the settings in the php.ini file. I increased the file size and script timeout values. I also added a max packet size setting to the my.ini for mysql and restarted everything. It looks to have resolved the problem.

So it looks as if the error message was invalid.

Comment

I'm glad to hear that.
            Originally posted by kfrosty View Post
            Resolved the problem. I had to change the settings in the php.ini file. I increased the file size and script timeout values. I also added a max packet size setting to the my.ini for mysql and restarted everything. It looks to have resolved the problem.

So it looks as if the error message was invalid.
            sigpic

Comment