vB4: How to change the default style?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vB4: How to change the default style?

Hi, I just downloaded another color scheme, and I want this one to be the default on my forum.

How do I achieve this? Please forgive my noobishness...

Thanks!

admincp > vboptions > style
    -- Web Developer for hire
    ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

Originally posted by Loco.M View Post
      admincp > vboptions > style
      I don't see "vboptions" under my admin cp.

Also, the new style doesn't do anything at all.......

Comment

Silly Loco, it was renamed to Settings in vB4.
        My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
        vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

(Then, Style and Language Settings - set the new style as default).
          vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
            (Then, Style and Language Settings - set the new style as default).
            What is crazy, is that I do not see an option to set it as default... I mean, I expect to see one, I just don't... Where is it?

Comment

It is the second option under Style and Language settings.

A question: Are we talking about the newly released styles from vBulletin.com?

Have you imported the xml? You say you 'uploaded' something, but none of those styles require anything at all to be uploaded.

(Actually you only say you downloaded the style. It has to actually be installed... just downloading it doesn't do anything other than put it onto your PC.)

Comment

I am talking about the newly released styles from vBulletin.com

I've downloaded it into my PC, then used the admin cp's style manager option to upload the xml file to my forum. It now appears in the listed styles, yet I do not see where to set one as overall default for all new users, and I can't delete the "default style" - not that I want to so badly either... Also, even choosing it from the dropdown at the bottom changes NOTHING to the display on users screens. I am confuzzled.

Comment

When you see it in the list of Styles, does it have a tick in the box to the left of the name?

Comment

Moved to a more appropriate location as this is a support question, not feedback.
                    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X