Quick Language Chooser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Quick Language Chooser

The Quick Language Chooser is showing up at the bottom of my forum, but I don't intend to display any language other than English. Is there a way to turn this off in the admin?

You can remove that section of code in the footer template
    Code:
    <vb:if condition="$show['languagechooser']">
                <select name="langid" onchange="switch_id(this, 'lang')">
                    <optgroup label="{vb:rawphrase quick_language_chooser}">
                        {vb:raw languagechooserbits}
                    </optgroup>
                </select>
            </vb:if>

Comment

Yeah, I knew I could do that. Just figured there might be a switch for it. With that if condition, it seems there might be a switch..

Comment

How do we add languages ? I did a quick google search, but it seems like I have to signup to a new site for each new language added.

I don't understand why VB would add this, if the only way to add them are through 3rd party sites.

Comment

It's just a matter of downloading a language pack from here and adding it as a new language option in your AdminCP.
          To be updated...

Comment

Originally posted by ENF View Post
            It's just a matter of downloading a language pack from here
            Where's here ?

Comment

Originally posted by mikeinjersey View Post
              Where's here ?
              Sorry, I meant here: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...Language-Packs

Note: You may have to change the date range view at the bottom of the page to view older posts that haven't been updated during the default 2 months view.
              To be updated...

Comment

Assuming you only have one language package it shouldn't be showing. if it is its likely a bug.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                  Assuming you only have one language package it shouldn't be showing. if it is its likely a bug.
                  Our forums are pretty well SEO'd out.. I'm wondering if this would increase traffic, and if there was a way to target certain countries with their own language version. Anybody know ?

Comment

Originally posted by theda View Post
                    The Quick Language Chooser is showing up at the bottom of my forum, but I don't intend to display any language other than English. Is there a way to turn this off in the admin?
                    I was searching for the answer to this, but then figured it out myself:

For future reference, you need to edit the settings of your only language (default) and change the setting relating to the user selection of it.
                    OZgolf.net Forums

Comment

Originally posted by mikeinjersey View Post
                      Our forums are pretty well SEO'd out.. I'm wondering if this would increase traffic, and if there was a way to target certain countries with their own language version. Anybody know ?
                      You can turn your website totally multi-lingual using vBET (http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com). Whilst a free version is available from vb.org, its totally useless allowing others to read the content if they cannot participate within the discussion, ie. they post in French and you see the automatic translated version back to English. The paid version allows all this, along with profiles, messages, groups, PM's, etc... A far superior way in which to take your site multilingual.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonyparsons View Post
                        You can turn your website totally multi-lingual using vBET (http://www.vbenterprisetranslator.com).
                        Looks nice, BUT the translation is really crap, at least in my langauge.

/Anders
                        Anders Pettersson
                        Don't send me requests by PM to email you the Swedish language file that I have done. My translation is only available here at vbulletin.com to licensed users.
                        If you want updates on when a new version of the Swedish language packs (forum & suite) are available, subscribe to this discussion.
                        Don't PM me for support on how to install language files etc. please post in the appropriate forum, that will most likely give you help quicker.

Comment

That's not the software, that's Google translate. Very few language packs for software get it right... and Google is probably one of the better to date for a total solution.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X