Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You can only assign up to 20 items per section home page. Please choose a lower #.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] You can only assign up to 20 items per section home page. Please choose a lower #.

Hi,

does anyone know a work around for this. I'd like to display 30 to 40 items on my CMS homepage, but when I am in the ACP->Content Manager and try and increase the number there, it gives me that prompt that says 20 is the limit.

I've changed the option in the CMS (where you click the pencil to edit the section's settings) to increase it as well, but to no avail. Figure the ACP limit of 20 only is overriding anything I do there.

Is there a way to change this? Perhaps a mod or something I overlooked.

Thanks for any help. I did do a search of the forums to see if this question had been asked before, but didn't find anything on it (surprisingly).

Thanks again.

bump. Also, is there no "page" option for the home page? I see it on the section homepages, where users can click Page 1, Page 2, Page 3 etc, and it shows more articles but haven't seen that on the top level CMS homepage yet.

Comment

Please submit a bug report on the items per page, post the link, and I'll fix it.

The pagination is an option in v402. Edit the section and you'll see "pagination links" on the right side. See http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/entry...splay-Settings
      Please- I'm not tech support. Don't send your problem reports to me unless I've asked you to.

Comment

I went into edit the sections to include pagination links - thank you for that, I was wondering where the articles were going!

For some sections, it is returning an error "I cannot save this data without a unique URL".

Nothing was changed anywhere except moving the dot from no to yes in the Pagination links you mentioned above. It happened editing 2 out of the 12 sections I have.

Edit: It happens under my account in IE 7
        It happens under another admin account on a different computer in IE 8
        Both get the error on the same section.
        Last edited by Beth; Wed 3 Mar '10, 8:10am.
        TopDog

Comment

Originally posted by Beth View Post
          I went into edit the sections to include pagination links - thank you for that, I was wondering where the articles were going!

For some sections, it is returning an error "I cannot save this data without a unique URL".

Nothing was changed anywhere except moving the dot from no to yes in the Pagination links you mentioned above. It happened editing 2 out of the 12 sections I have.

Edit: It happens under my account in IE 7
          It happens under another admin account on a different computer in IE 8
          Both get the error on the same section.
          That would mean you either don't have URL's or they aren't unique. Just put in something unique and save it. Everything will work without those except you are giving up GOOGLE points.
          Please- I'm not tech support. Don't send your problem reports to me unless I've asked you to.

Comment

URL's were there, and were unique - nothing was changed bar moving the dot!
            Managed to fix it by using Firefox but this isnt the first time I've had a problem with editing, changing nothing significant (bar options at the side or spelling mistakes) and being unable to save it using the same as previously.
            Very strange.
            TopDog

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X