Receiving tons of complaints about slow scrolling on 4.0.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Receiving tons of complaints about slow scrolling on 4.0.2

A LOT of our Internet Explorer users are experiencing slow scrolling when viewing our forums. We told them to try using Firefox or Chrome. Some did, and that solved the problems. Others are IE enthusiasts and will only use Internet Explorer. Therefore, they continue to update our Customer Service thread complaining about how jittery the page scrolls/loads.

Is there a way that I can fix this? I've tried it out in Firefox and Chrome and it works perfect for both. I've asked them to clear their cookies, re-start their browser and try again, but the same problems occur.

Forum is www.buffalorange.com

Can someone who is using Internet Explorer, take a look and see if they are experiencing the same problems?

anytime ive had scrolling issues it was because of a background image. your site scrolls fine for me.

Comment

One thing you could try is to provide them with a totally default style to try and see if they still have the same problem. Turn on style choosing in vboptions > styles and then create a default style:
      Create a new style with no parent:
      • Styles & Templates > Style Manager > Add New Style
      • Parent Style: No Parent Style
      • Title: Default vBulletin
      • Allow User Selection: Yes
      • Save

Ask them if they still have the same problem.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
        One thing you could try is to provide them with a totally default style to try and see if they still have the same problem. Turn on style choosing in vboptions > styles and then create a default style:
        Create a new style with no parent:
        • Styles & Templates > Style Manager > Add New Style
        • Parent Style: No Parent Style
        • Title: Default vBulletin
        • Allow User Selection: Yes
        • Save

Ask them if they still have the same problem.
        If they no longer have the issue when using the default style, what do I do?

Also, thank you Phforum.

Comment

If they don't have the issue with the default style, then it is an issue with your style. The first thing I would do if that is the issue is run your style through an html validator.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

I didn't have a problem with it scrolling on the latest Firefox or in IE8.
            My statements are based on the forums not the CMS as I do not and will not use it.
            If I wanted faulty software I would code it my self. When I pay I expect to get what is advertised. I do not feel I got what I paid for.
            In an honest opinion I feel I paid for vB 5.0 beta 7

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

Comment

Do you know what version(s) of IE?

Comment

Have slow scrolling as well in every browser except chrome.

How about suggesting a style validater?

Comment

Originally posted by xtremefever View Post
                    Do you know what version(s) of IE?
                    Not sure. I would guess 7.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X