Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No notification email is being sent when PM received. admincp checked to yes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] No notification email is being sent when PM received. admincp checked to yes.

vB402- admincp option checked off, still no notification email is being sent when a PM is received. please advise...

Also, is there a notification email option when comments are made on CMS?

right now, there is an option for notification when comments are made on blogs and that is working fine.

Is any email being sent by vbulletin on your site or it is only PM notification that isn't working? You said it is checked off in the admin cp, but this is also a user option. Did you make sure it was checked off in Settings (formerly User CP) > General Settings ?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Right now, I am talking about a PM notification email. Admin has checked off the box in the admincp, shouldn't that, by this, check off the notify me by email in the general settings of the user? of course, the user has the option of not being notified.

Comment

If the user doesn't have it set to get PM notifications in his own User CP, then he won't get them. I don't know what box you are checking in the admincp - can you be more explicit.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

It is working!!! However, The notification email gives the complete PM, title and body, so there is no incentive for the user to go back to the site to check his PM, thus reducing the number of visits to site. thanks!

Comment

I believe that is all done in a phrase. So, do a search on part of the words in the PM body and you should find the phrase and you may delete that part that puts the message in there.

Comment