Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help, deleted Categories widget, how do i get it back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] Help, deleted Categories widget, how do i get it back?

Whats the best way for me to restore a default widget that i have deleted?

Thanks!
    Jordan
    WNYorker.com

I don't really think you could delete a default widget. I mean, I see no function to do that. Maybe you just deleted a widget that was using it, in which case you just have to create a new widget for it.

Comment

Do you mean it's not visible on the CMS of the layout in which you want it to show?

For that, go back in the VB CMS in the ACP and select Layout Manager. In Layout Manager, select the option to edit the particular layout in question (whichever CMS layout from which the widget is missing). Once you have done that you should see, depending on how what content you have, the individual widgets that show on that page.

Next you will want to select the widget you want restore, in this case the Categories Widget (Show All), which I believe is the default. Click on it and click the (>>) button next to that table. This will move the widget into the content area. You can then hover over the widget until a hand appears and drag it into the particular region of the page where you want it to display.

Once you have it where you want it to be, just click through the usual "Save Settings, OK, Confirm, etc" options and reload your sites homepage and it should show up.

One thing I should point out, you will need to know which layout the page from which the widget that disappeared uses. And then edit the layout for that particular widget.

Hope this helps, unless I've totally misunderstood your question, in which case, ignore lol.

Edit: Credit to Lynne whose tutorial on how to make CMS look like the image at Vbulletin.com is where I learned more about categories, widgets etc.

Comment

well, i feel dumb. I guess i was way over-thinking this. I deleted the default widget and didn't realize it would be as simple as to "add a new". thanks guys

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X