Problem after trying to move VB4 to a different directory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Problem after trying to move VB4 to a different directory

I have a site up and running on 4.0.2. I tried to move it to a different directory as you would a 3.x version.

This is what I get.

Code:
    Warning: require_once(/vb.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/forums/2009/2010/1a2b3c/includes/class_bootstrap_framework.php on line 84

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/vb.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/forums/2009/2010/1a2b3c/includes/class_bootstrap_framework.php on line 84

The only thing I changed was the trailing directory. Yet it looks like its still looking for it in the old directory.

The admin panel works fine, and I changed the URL in there, but no go.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by minimock2000; Sun 28 Feb '10, 1:09am.

Oh I forgot to mention, when I moved the files back to the original directory, the forum came right back up.

Comment

Physician, heal thyself. I figured it out..... for a dedicated server anyways, I dont know what to tell you on a shared server. After moving all your vb4 files to a new directory....

1. Rem out your xcache configuration in config.php
      2. Restart Apache.
      3 Put your xcache back in.
      4. Change your path in your admin panel.

I googled the error and found MANY vb4 sites where the spider hit the site and the error is listed on the google description, so I know its a problem, however when you go to those sites, the site comes up, so maybe it resolves itself with time on a shared server.

But for an immediate fix on a dedicated server, this works.

Figured I would save someone the headache I went through...

One last thing I had to do was rebuild styles before all the icons would show back up..... Good Luck......I think we all need it LOL
      Last edited by minimock2000; Sun 28 Feb '10, 8:48am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X