Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Different layout for home page and content?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lynne
    replied
    Originally posted by kersti View Post
    The original question was talking about layouts, not colours
    And I posted several links to view some articles regarding changing layouts in your CMS. If you read them, you'll see you may change the layout for each section in your CMS, however all articles in that section will have the same layout as specified in the section manager.

Leave a comment:

• kersti
    replied
    The original question was talking about layouts, not colours

Leave a comment:

• CrazyCarloco
    replied
    Thanks for the rapid response guys and I'll try to check the file to make sure it's pointing at the correct style.

Are there any other settings or parameters in the AdminCP that would effect this? Right now I have turned off the ability for registered users to select a different theme (as I'd like a way to either totally delete the VBdefault theme or make it effectively non-existent) and am wondering if that will affect being able to select/apply different styles between the CMS and Forums. As an admin, I should still be able to see the changes right?

CC

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    The style you want to use.... have you tried it on your forums area to make sure it really has the different background? Is it selectable by your users in the style chooser in the bottom left? If you look at the page source for your cms and look at the css files, do they say they are for the styleid you had selected for your cms home page (look fo rsomething like "<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css.php?styleid=1etc" in the page source with the styleid there).

And I have been able to successfully select a different style for my CMS than my forums on my test site.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Create two layouts in the admincp.. One for your home page and one for your content pages. Add the widgets that you want to use for each one. Once you have both layouts, edit your sections in the front end and assign the grid you want to use.

Leave a comment:

• CrazyCarloco
    replied
    Hey... still having the same problem. I've looked through all the pertinent articles/posts/blogs/pdfs I can find and am still having the same issue with not being able to hav a different style for the CMS.

I'm running 4.0.3.

1) Yes I've clicked on the front page edit pencil
    2) Yes, I've tried to change the style to my desired style which was exported, imported then changed. (all I want is a lighter background for the CMS)
    3) I've even tried to change the style to the VB Default and the only thing that changed was the header image and menu.

I know this has been a problem since 4.0 gold and now we're on 4.0.2 and it's still the same song. I'm real close to putting on a Joomla front end and asking from some CMS money refundage.

Would greatly appreciate if someone could point out what I'm missing.. or at least give me a URL of a VB4 site that actually does have different themes for their CMS and Forums.

Thanks again...
    CC

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    Don and Edwin have posted several articles and blogs regarding the CMS. You may want to look through them.
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/blog....02-Edwin-Brown
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/list....Don%20Kuramura
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/blog.php?u=259494

Leave a comment:

• syrus.xl
    replied
    Just import your other style you wish to use on your vbcms. Then on the vBcms click Edit for the page, and select the style you want. Click Save and your done.

Leave a comment:

• kersti
    started a topic [CMS] Different layout for home page and content?

Different layout for home page and content?

I'm looking for instructions on how I can use a different layout for my homepage and for the content pages? I have added a gallery feature to the top of my home page and want this and the latest posts box to NOT appear on the individual article pages but I cannot find how to do this.