• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Copeland
    replied
    For small numbers of a few members, save a lot of time by:
    1. Create the Private Forum
    2. Then Go to Forum Permissions and turn OFF every groups access to the private forum
    3. Then Go to the few members you want to give access to, and use the drop down in their account titled Edit Forum Permissions Access Masks to manually turn on their access

For larger numbers of members, then establishing a new User Group is the way to go.

David

PS: I have about six private and confidential forums which I rotate between members on a case by case basis wherever they need personal one-on-one help. Once the issue is resolved, I remove the Access Mask and archive the comments - to clean out the forum for the next time I have a private need. Works like a champ. And I make sure the Private Forum does not appear on any drop down list of shortcuts. The members do not "see" the forum unless their log-in permissions entitle them to see it.

Leave a comment:

• F4Flake
    replied
    careful of the 'view forum leaders page though, as it doesn't appear to obey the same user rules.

Even if the user isn't a member they can still see the forum exists and that there is a mod attached to it.

Bit of a gripe for me to be honest.

Leave a comment:

• sulasno
    replied
    I created a special group;

Create a forum and grant access only to this special group; remember to check the permissions of this special group

Add members to this special group

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    Did you look through the manual at all? A Private Forum

Leave a comment:

• brettr
    started a topic [Forum] How to create a private forum?

How to create a private forum?

Is it possible to create a forum that only members can see? Members will be added by an admin. Members can also post new messages and reply.