"The service is unavailable." Unknown error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] "The service is unavailable." Unknown error

We are getting: The service is unavailable. while trying to log on to our site. Se set up our database through phpMYAdmin and used SQL through godaddy if that matters. We were told this was either in our config.php file or our db user does not have full permissions to this database. We have checked and rechecked our code within the config file, so I do not believe our problem lies there. Would it possible be organized in the wrong location in our file manager? and how do we go about resolving the issue if the database doesnt have full permission?

thanks for the help!

Here's a page that has info about creating your mysql user and granting them all permissions - http://wiki.uniformserver.com/index....SQL_phpMyAdmin If that doesn't help, you may want to ask your host if they can point you to a tutorial that is valid for use on their site.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Im bumpin this back up. we went through the code, and delt with our service provider and are still at a loss. any other places we should look that may be causing this problem?

Comment

So you talked to GoDaddy about this and they think everything is set up properly? You uploaded all your files to the correct location and all (they confirmed this)?

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
          So you talked to GoDaddy about this and they think everything is set up properly? You uploaded all your files to the correct location and all (they confirmed this)?
          we talked to a tech with godaddy, and he told us that we had the files uploaded correctly, and had the database set up correctly. Of course this was in the opinion of the tech, but he seemed to know what he was talking about. We uploaded all of the files in the suite, so i dont believe we are missing a file

Comment

You may want to put in a support ticket and see if they can verify everything looks OK on the vbulletin side.

Comment

I am having the same problem. I have uploaded everything as directions ask, i ensured that my server is set up correctly (through godaddy) running MySQL version 5.0 and PHP 5.x - which i am told should work with 5.2 or higher. I went completely through the installs, everything worked. but then when i got into the admin control panel any options i choose cause an error 'internal server error'. now i cant even get into the adminCP!! same error! I removed the entire thing then reloaded it- same problem!!!

Comment

ok.... this was a rediculous fix. i just had to delete all temporary internet files and cookies. close all internet explorer windows, then reopen them and BAM! good to go

Comment

Hey guys after working through some errors, I got this report back:
                  Database error in vBulletin :

mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)
                  D:\Hosting\5378461\html\includes\class_core.php on line 312

MySQL Error :
                  Error Number :
                  Request Date : Thursday, March 11th 2010 @ 11:55:59 AM
                  Error Date : Thursday, March 11th 2010 @ 11:56:00 AM
                  Script : OUR SITE NAME
                  Referrer :
                  IP Address : our IP address
                  Username :
                  Classname : vB_Database
                  MySQL Version :

Does this help solve the problem?
                  thanks again for the help

Comment

That error means there is a server issue that would need to be fixed by your host.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Can anyone possibly post up what line 312 looks like so we can cross reference our information? We have called our host and they said we should be good to go. Any direction as to how we should approach them about it?

Comment

Code:
                        $link = $this->functions[$usepconnect ? 'pconnect' : 'connect']("$servername:$port", $username, $password);
                        It's simply the code pulling your database connection information [attempting to connect to the database], which is stored in your config.php.
                        To be updated...

Comment

I got that, and filled it in but I am nervous that I filled it in wrong. I put this:

$link = $this->functions[$usepconnect ? 'pconnect' : 'connect']("SERVERNAME:PORT#", USERNAME, PASSWORD);

caps info is our information. we dont need the $ signs correct?

Comment

Unless you have modified the original class_core.php file, you should never have to edit this code.

If you believe that his file is incorrect, you should upload a fresh copy from your vbulletin files. I do not recommend editing the code yourself, as there is no reason to do so...

But, yes the items you put into CAPS is the information coming from your config.php file. The $ symbol defines a variable, which calls the information assigned to that variable. (again, coming from your config.php)
                            To be updated...

Comment

So that information should be automatically pulled for us?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X