Help!!! Cms not working after 4.0.2 pl1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] Help!!! Cms not working after 4.0.2 pl1

$350-(AUD) later.... i got a product that has more bugs than morton bay... i can't get any dam support, and now i get "ADVISED" to update to PL1.... good job VB another update that is F'D up....

Do you guys test anything before flogging it of ??

In case your support or there lack off would like to try and help me out (FOR A CHANGE)... my CMS is not working correctly now... users can not comment to articles.. some user registrations are not being approved, and best of all i posted one article and somehow it cloned it 4 times.. ???

PHPBB is free support is offered in seconds and the thing actually works... YES I AM PISSED OFF... we all love spending our free time begging for support
    Last edited by darren1981; Wed 24 Feb '10, 12:02am.

actually you suck, because it works just fine here.
    Jason Craig – Partner
    Wet Coast Sports LTD
    Fishing Reviews TVBC Fishing ReportsFly Fish BCFly Tying Bug

Comment

Originally posted by oddmud View Post
      actually you suck, because it works just fine here.
      Well that was a really helpful reply!!!

darren1981 have you raised a support ticket to get some specific help with the issue?

Whilst the forums are good for basic general help, I don't think the staff are able to offer in-depth support on a post-by-post basis in the forums. Starting a support ticket may be a better avenue to getting your specific problems reviewed and addressed.

Cheers,
      Shaun
      --
      CycleChat | GeeksChat | Clickfinity

Comment

Originally posted by CycleChat View Post
        Well that was a really helpful reply!!!

darren1981 have you raised a support ticket to get some specific help with the issue?

Whilst the forums are good for basic general help, I don't think the staff are able to offer in-depth support on a post-by-post basis in the forums. Starting a support ticket may be a better avenue to getting your specific problems reviewed and addressed.

Cheers,
        Shaun
        Yes i know... thanks,

Just frustrated, seems to be everyday i find another bug or my members point something new out that isn't right... trying to get a site established when it hardly works is a little hard... I can't sell something that is broken or doesn't work as intended, why can vb...others are complaining of the same issues so it's not on my end

Comment

It's definitely frustrating.

I've been visitng vB's forums daily ever since vB4 was released and whilst some of the issues are getting sorted, there seems to be a whole host of outstanding problems that are driving a lot of people crazy.

Personally, I'd created a whole 18 month development plan for my site that hinged on the promised CMS of vB4. I sat back and waited to see what happened when the first few brave people got their hands on it and installed it, and within a few short days decided to shelve my plans until 4.0.1. I'm still sitting on those same plans months down the line, and instead am now looking to retain my 3.8.4 (which is incredibly stable and fast) and build content around the site with Joomla, just to get things moving.

I have no doubt that with continued investment and development vB4 will become a great product, but I'm not too confident that it will be anytime soon; i.e. within the next 12 months. It's been months already and still there are masses of posts and bug reports.

Ultimately I've had to decide whether to wait for vB4 to get to a state I feel comfortable with (and shelve all my plans for growth), or make the investment in learning about alternative technologies (Joomla) that don't quite bridge as fully with the forums.

With hindsight I expect vB would have handled the whole thing differently, and I expect they've paid the price in lost customers and revenue; but for those of us that remain the key has to be delivering a stable product so let's hope that is where the majority of their resources are going at the moment.

Cheers,
          Shaun
          --
          CycleChat | GeeksChat | Clickfinity

Comment

Darren, I share your frustration.
            “The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government”

“Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms (of government) those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny”

Comment

I was drunk, sorry.
              Jason Craig – Partner
              Wet Coast Sports LTD
              Fishing Reviews TVBC Fishing ReportsFly Fish BCFly Tying Bug

Comment

This is a reported bug:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...-Patch-Level-1

But there seems to be a solution for this bug that I discovered:

If you edit and save the article as "not published", and then save as "published" it works just fine with the comments.
                AMD Forum

Comment

Anything new about this bug? Will it be fixed in 4.0.3?
                  AMD Forum

Comment

"If you edit and save the article as "not published", and then save as "published" it works just fine with the comments."

Wow nice.... i thought i had to repeat this process 10+ times to make it work lol... damm ive been wasting my time

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X