V4 Image Posting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] V4 Image Posting

Any time I want to post an image, I get a box to upload it to, then attach to post, and its a thumbnail, I want to post original size, how do I do it?
    Information not shared, is lost

ACP>Settings>Options>Expand Group>Message Attachment Options>Thumbnail Size

This will only allow you to set a larger default size for the thumbnails. Remember, too large a size can stretch your tables. At least it used to.
    A Gardener's Art

Comment

yes I know about the overly large sizes, many thanks for the heads up, grateful. It also told me to go to maint and do something nice to the thumbnail things
      Last edited by Mike Kemble; Tue 23 Feb '10, 2:29pm.

Comment

Simple
        Create an album. Upload your pictures to that album.
        Click on the picture in the album you want to link to.
        In the lower right corner above the comment box are 2 links. One has the http url to the image. The bottom one has the link inside the IMG bbcodes.
        Right click the IMG link and select copy.
        Make your post and right click where you want the image. Select paste.
        Keep in mind VB will not allow a picture to stand alone as a post. There has to be some text in the post with it. If you want just the image in the post you might try putting the name of the picture or maybe a copyright notice.
        Hope that helped you. Insert image doesn't work right for me either. I just bypass it doing it the way I told you.

Comment

thanks seti, will look at that one too, great stuff

Comment

Originally posted by setishock View Post
            Simple
            Create an album. Upload your pictures to that album.
            Click on the picture in the album you want to link to.
            In the lower right corner above the comment box are 2 links. One has the http url to the image. The bottom one has the link inside the IMG bbcodes.
            Right click the IMG link and select copy.
            Make your post and right click where you want the image. Select paste.
            Keep in mind VB will not allow a picture to stand alone as a post. There has to be some text in the post with it. If you want just the image in the post you might try putting the name of the picture or maybe a copyright notice.
            Hope that helped you. Insert image doesn't work right for me either. I just bypass it doing it the way I told you.
            the bold bit confuses me, I cannot see this.

Comment