Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] Login problems with IE8 on - please help

Hi,

I have tried to login to a forum that is currently turned off. When I login it takes me to the forums (not the home page). On clicking on 'Home' it takes me to the home page but comes up with an error message (see attached), the wording of which is the same as what someone who is not logged in would see. On clearing this message, I am automatically logged out.

This doesn't happen with Chrome and Firefox, IE7.

Thanks in advance if you can help.

A
    Attached Files

Originally posted by aethelstan View Post
    Hi,

I have tried to login to a forum that is currently turned off. When I login it takes me to the forums (not the home page). On clicking on 'Home' it takes me to the home page but comes up with an error message (see attached), the wording of which is the same as what someone who is not logged in would see. On clearing this message, I am automatically logged out.

This doesn't happen with Chrome and Firefox, IE7.

Thanks in advance if you can help.

A
    I am having the problems. When certain members log in and try to reply to a thread the get the following:

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    1. You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again.
    2. You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    3. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

The administrator may have required you to register before you can view this page.

User Name:
    Password:
    I can login from my computer using the members log info and have no problems.

Need help with this.

Don
    Stress: The overwhelming desire to choke the s*@t out of someone.

Comment

I also have problem with certain users, they complain about not being able to login correctly.

Comment

Hmm...the plot thickens. Can you provide more details for anyone watching? Are you using IE8 too?

Comment

Login problems with IE8 on - please help

Hmm...the plot thickens. Can you provide more details for anyone watching? Are you using IE8 too?
          Here is what I just found out. As administrator I do not have this problem. But anyone with a different permission level do. So I called a few people and asked them to see if they were experiencing the same problems. They said yes. I then asked them to run FireFox and when they did no problems. This is a IE8 Compatibility problem. I believe IE does not know how to treat super moderators or moderators and registered users. I could be wrong but it is FireFox from here on out until this issue is fixed.

Don

Comment

Thanks Don, as long as my long-suffering registered users aren't experiencing thins I doon't mind too much.
            A

Comment

Thanks Don, as long as my long-suffering registered users aren't experiencing thins I doon't mind too much.
              A
              I just forwarded all the information I gathered and submitted a support ticket. Glad I could help

Don

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X