Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ashleyk
    replied
    I do not want to allow image uploads on my forum, just URL links. The process of clicking the 'From URL' tab and then un-ticking the 'retrieve file and reference locally' confuses users.

I would like to remove the 'From computer' tab and also remove the 'retrieve file and reference locally' checkbox, so default behaviour goes straight to pasting in a URL.

There seems to be a lot of other people who have asked for this too.

I'm using v 4.1.4 and the solution of editing 'editor_upload_overlay' template doesn't seem to work any more as I can't see the label or checkbox in that template.

I have tried other solutions in the control panel:

Usergroups: Can upload attachments = No
    Options: Message Attachment Options 'Attachment Upload Inputs' = 0

but neither seems to make any difference.

Please advise

Leave a comment:

• TazDevilLooney
    replied
    Find the template editor_upload_overlay

Code:
    <label for="urlretrieve"><input type="checkbox" value="1" name="urlretrieve" id="urlretrieve" checked="checked" tabindex="1" />  {vb:rawphrase retrieve_remote_file_and_ref_local}</label>
    Replace With

Code:
    <label for="urlretrieve"><input type="checkbox" value="1" name="urlretrieve" id="urlretrieve" tabindex="1" /> {vb:rawphrase retrieve_remote_file_and_ref_local}</label>
    Is not selected but default.

Leave a comment:

• MagiKelly
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael Henretty View Post
    This option will be in 4.0.4, which will be out soon. I can't give you an exact date yet, but rest assured we are working very hard to make this happen ASAP.
    I did not upgrade to 4.04 but I can't find this option in 4.05

Leave a comment:

• Michael Henretty
    replied
    Originally posted by Drache28 View Post
    When can we have the option to disable this? when is 4.04 coming?
    This option will be in 4.0.4, which will be out soon. I can't give you an exact date yet, but rest assured we are working very hard to make this happen ASAP.

Leave a comment:

• Drache28
    replied
    When can we have the option to disable this? The old way how inserting an img works was much better than this. Once your forum grows so big and every images people link has to store into our local server then it would use up too much server resource.

Please make an option to disable this asap. Because this just won't work on bigger forums.

when is 4.04 coming? because my server hdd is growing bigger and bigger everyday. And it would take a lot of time and effort to clean unwanted images.
    Last edited by Drache28; Sun 6 Jun '10, 11:14pm.

Leave a comment:

• kontagio.us
    replied
    Currently, we are taking it under consideration to add an admin option to be able to disable the new image uploader (so that only the old javascript pop-up comes up). The problem is, we are not sure how many users want this option. So please, if you are reading this thread and would find such an option useful, respond here and let us know.

The option would still allow users to upload images from a website and store them locally using the attachment manager. But it would force the "Insert Image" button to only allow external URL image references (like 3.x).

So what do you think?
    More control is always good. I say yes to this option.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Henretty
    replied
    Originally posted by extra pc View Post
    now in 4.0.3 how to disable attach from url??????
    Hmmm, I don't believe there is a way in vB4 to disable attaching images from URL completely.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    If the instructions in the thread don't work, you'll need to go to vBulletin.org.

Leave a comment:

• extra pc
    replied
    up ...how to disable this in 4.0.3??????

Leave a comment:

• Peter Lo
    replied
    Does this mean that the option in the ACP will be enabled only in v4.04?

Any idea when this is slated for release? I'm thinking whether to implement the code hack above, or to wait for 4.04.

[ATTACH]43852[/ATTACH]

Options->Message Attachment Options

Added for 4.0.4

Leave a comment:

• extra pc
    replied
    Originally posted by extra pc View Post

up again

Leave a comment:

• punchbowl
    replied
    I want attachments off but albums on and an easy way for people to be able to post pics from albums.

Leave a comment:

• extra pc
    replied

Leave a comment:

• nonstoprob
    replied
    I want it too!.. We have too much members to enable image upload. So we have to disable it.

[edit1]Oh stupid me.. it's already in the update :P
    [edit]Oh but .... 4.0.4 is not out yet ..

ah well.. it's coming soon

Leave a comment:

• Michael Henretty
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	insertimage..png
Views:	1
Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	3678319

Options->Message Attachment Options

Added for 4.0.4

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X