Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Unable to open the new pm recived

I'm using vb 4.0.1

I'm unable to open the new pm received from another members & even i don't see them in my inbox folder. I see only a message saying you have 2 messages in your inbox.

what do you think the reason?

It could be something caused the count to be off. (I've known mods to accidentally do this.) Have you tried looking in the database to see if there really is a new PM?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

actually the sender can see the message, but the receiver can not!!

I have two members in my forum, one is the admin & another is a regular user. i tried to send a private message, i see it in the outbox but i can not see it in the sent.

i asked another admin to send me a pm now & i got it!

it seems that some groups only I'm able to see their private messages. i see the count there,
      It shows:
      you have 5 messages. but i can see only 2. from the admins, 3 other messages from regular user i can see & even if i try to copy the pm ID from the other member account & try to open it, i get you followed a wrong pm link.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
        It could be something caused the count to be off. (I've known mods to accidentally do this.) Have you tried looking in the database to see if there really is a new PM?
        what do you mean with "the count to be off"? how can i check that?

Comment

It doesn't sound like your count it off - you said you actually *know* the PM is there.

So, someone sends you a PM, you get a notice about it in the upper right corner, you click to go to the Inbox, but it doesn't show there? When you go to your Inbox, what does it say on the bottom - does it have the correct number of messages (Inbox contains x messages...)?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

yes it is same as you said Lynne, i was looking for a solution & i was able to know what was the problem it is a plugin was causing this, PM prevent if the user is having less than 30 posts.

i disable the plugin & i was able to recive & see the pm, but old pms not showing!! anyway i want to burn them (empty folder) i will do using sql query but i need the query. or if i can get tem showing it will be great.

Comment

RESOLVED, thanks

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X