Configuring outgoing emails with Google Apps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Configuring outgoing emails with Google Apps

Hi guys, i am using Google Apps premium for my domain, and want to configure outgoing vbulletin emails to be sent using it. Has anyone configured it correctly ? I've tried many options and keep on getting errors.

Thanks

Any help with this ? I have configured everything with google apps and have this error when trying to send emails

The mailing function returned an error while trying to send the mail.
    The following errors were outputted by PHP when attempting to send mail:

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to tcp://smtp.gmail.com:465 (Connection timed out) in [path]/includes/class_mail.php on line 637

Warning: Unable to connect to SMTP server in [path]/includes/class_mail.php on line 603

Comment

I use that option on a free google hosted email domain.

Set email to smtp

host: smtp.gmail.com
      port: 465
      username: the email account you will use for that.
      secure connection: SSL

Comment

You also need to have OpenSSL in your PHP build.

@Klaus:
        Our current settings are the same, except we set it at TLS instead of SSL.
        To be updated...

Comment

Yes I forgot...OpenSSL in php of course.

Comment

I love the google route, BUT the major drawback is that emails sent to us from the contact form can not be replied to as the reply-to address will be the gmail address and not the one of the sender of the contact form.

Then when replying to people its the extra step of copy and pasting their address out of the message body. I asked about this a long time ago on this forum but got an answer that didn't help much.

Comment

Originally posted by klaus View Post
              Yes I forgot...OpenSSL in php of course.
              How do I get openSSL in php? Is that something that the hosting company has to enable?

Comment

Yes, openSSL is a apache (Or whatever your server platform is) module and is provided by whoever maintains your web server.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X