Database WAY Bigger After Upgrade and Rebuild Search Index

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Database WAY Bigger After Upgrade and Rebuild Search Index

WOW, Our DB was already pretty big, 400 megs, but it grew to almost 750 megs after we upgraded the to 4.0.2 and then did the Rebuild Search Index.

Now, here is the thing...I specifically read something in these forums about this happening yesterday, and for the life of me I cannot find it now, no matter how I search.

So what I read is that we can prune that down, I really don't want that big of a DB if I can help it, unless it's growing because of POSTS and not just the search index.

HELP me prune?

That is normal.

Comment

Thanks Zachery...could you answer me this?

Does having 200,000+ posts, around 4200 members, and around 7500+ threads sound about right for that size DB?

Comment

Database size is impossible to judge, you could have a 25mb database with 100,000 posts or a 500mb database with 10,000 depending on the number of characters per post.

Its normal for your database to double due to the way the new search works.

Comment

Ok then, thanks - we have lots of chatty women so I imagine our database is normal. Thank you so much for the quick reply!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X