Preview Image question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] Preview Image question

Is there a way to hide the image in the article if we want to? For instance, to have a thumbnail preview image on the section page of each article, you have to include an image in the article (which it picks the first image). Sometime I want to have an article that has no images, but I want a preview image for the article on the section page.

So is there a way to accomplish the above?

I would like to know this as well.
    | Rancho Murieta |

Comment

Currently, no. We're looking at completely redoing the article editor interface. Besides making it flow better, the main changes are multiple authors and being able to override the preview text and preview image. It's all very preliminary but we're hoping/planning for that to be a v4.1 issue. Sorry, but it's a pretty substantial change.
      Please- I'm not tech support. Don't send your problem reports to me unless I've asked you to.

Comment

Originally posted by Edwin Brown View Post
        We're looking at completely redoing the article editor interface.

Back to formula? Back to formula?

Sorry had to get my Spider-Man reference in there... That is a good idea!

Comment

Originally posted by Edwin Brown View Post
          Currently, no. We're looking at completely redoing the article editor interface. Besides making it flow better, the main changes are multiple authors and being able to override the preview text and preview image. It's all very preliminary but we're hoping/planning for that to be a v4.1 issue. Sorry, but it's a pretty substantial change.
          Has the ability to hide the preview image been incorporated into 4.0.8? I can't seem to find a way to turn this off.

Comment

I attached a wide image and the preview article image covers the whole page across on the front page. I can't seem to fix it. sigh

Comment

CyberSultan: Many of us use a 1 pixel X 1 pixel transparent .png as the first image where we don't want an image in the preview. Do what ya gotta do.

Comment

I'd love to be able to select the preview image as well.

Comment