Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recent Comments Widget: Deleted comments still show; cleared cache.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] Recent Comments Widget: Deleted comments still show; cleared cache.

Today I pruned about a half-dozen spam comments on various articles. After pruning the comments I noticed that they were still showing in the Recent Comments widget. I cleared the CMS cache, still there. I then rebuilt thread and post info under maintenance and cleared CMS cache again, yet they still show there.

The comments were hard deleted, and do not exist anymore. I want so far as to clear my browser cache, try another browser, and restart the web server to eliminate those possibilities. I noticed that the cache time of the widget was set to 1440 minutes (for god sake why?) so I changed it to 1 minute, waited a good 5 minutes but the comments were still showing. So I cleared the CMS cache again and they're still showing. So I went in and emptied the searchlog table, cleared CMS cache, cleared browser cache and even well after an hour since I've deleted those comments they still appear in the widget.

This is a major problem.
    Boardoo.com - Hosting, Software, WHMCS Addons, and whole lot more.
    Featuring vBLink :: The vBulletin Integration Suite for WHMCS

Ok, I searched the posts in the database and it appears that even though I checked the "Permanently Remove" post option when I deleted the comments, they were not in fact deleted from the posts table. I was able to prune the posts in the admincp instead because they were not showing up at all in the hidden CMS comments forum. So that is where the bug lies apparently, the widget is working as expected.

Comment

The widget shouldn't show delted posts though
      Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

No, it shouldn't, it should at the very lest invalidate the cache. However the posts in this case were really not deleted properly so I can't be sure if the widget was working as expected or not. Either way, it's yet another bug.

Comment

This is happening for me also - anyone have a resolution?

Comment

That sounds like a bug. Please post a bug report.
            Please- I'm not tech support. Don't send your problem reports to me unless I've asked you to.

Comment

Originally posted by Edwin Brown View Post
              That sounds like a bug. Please post a bug report.
              I already did here. Apparently nobody bothers to read them since I was apparently talking to myself in the thread.

Comment

Quit sooking

Further to this bug... it appears to continue to show for me (site administrator) but not for guests or other members. Either a 'per user' issue or something to do with rankings of users. Log that one hideoutguy.

Comment

We've generally throughout CMS tried to follow the existing vB permissions. Since a deleted post would be visible to the admin (for moderation) I would expect it to be visible in the CMS widget. I assigned the bug to myself. At the moment I don't know if it's workign as designed or a bug. I'll need to do some testing.
                  Please- I'm not tech support. Don't send your problem reports to me unless I've asked you to.

Comment

Originally posted by Edwin Brown View Post
                    We've generally throughout CMS tried to follow the existing vB permissions. Since a deleted post would be visible to the admin (for moderation) I would expect it to be visible in the CMS widget. I assigned the bug to myself. At the moment I don't know if it's workign as designed or a bug. I'll need to do some testing.
                    I understand what you're saying, but it still happened even when "physically deleting" the message. I would thing the physical delete would wipe it out of existence, correct?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X