Recent Activity Widget Permissions Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] Recent Activity Widget Permissions Question

I've read that you need to enable Guest search in order for unregistered people to be able to see this widget.

Is there any alternative way around this? I don't want guests to be able to search, it can cause heavy server load if someone wants to be a loser.

So can I modify anything so they can see it without activating guest search ability?
    Jason Craig – Partner
    Wet Coast Sports LTD
    Fishing Reviews TVBC Fishing ReportsFly Fish BCFly Tying Bug

Same question here. I've turned off image verification for search, turned on guest searching for Unregistered usergroups, and still doesn't let guests view ALL the recent content. Interestingly it shows Recent Articles...just nothing from forums.

Comment

Sorry, there is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X