No announcement yet.

Can not login from forum page.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Can not login from forum page.

There was a different thread about this before, but the solution did not work for me.

Every time a user tries to log in from the main forum site, then a page loads up, but then goes straight back to the log-in page. However, when opening other parts, it says you are logged in.

I've changed the url to .domain.com as it should be, but it doesn't work. Changed cookie path to /forum/ as there is my forum located, but doesn't work either.

The point is that I've bought a main site, and within a second domain name.

1. main site I use for personal gain.
    2. redirection for a new site, with own domain name.

The 2nd one is a forwarder with the same FTP access as the 1st one, does that make a difference?

How to fix this?

This thread has moved to the 3rd page, so ehm... Can I poke it?

Comment

Originally posted by Forgotten Name View Post
      This thread has moved to the 3rd page, so ehm... Can I poke it?
      i got this problem to if using IE
      but not in mozilla firepox
      the best Forum You Ever See. Best style and Best Index www.nusantaraku.org

i need to make a link with you, do u need to make a link with my forum? together we achieve more

Comment

I don't fully understand the setup. You say when a user logs in from the "main forum site", this login issue occurs. I don't understand the urls of the various parts of your site. Do you have a link and test username where we can try this out?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

At first, I bought Domain A from a host-company ( Strato ). The FTP is fully made on Domain A. After a while, I bought an additional domain name, Domain B. The FTP map is the same as Domain A, so I made a map 'forum' and changed the domain link from / to /forum/ on Domain B.

Link: www.forgotten-realities.org
          User: Test User
          Password: 1234

Account will be deleted after 24 hours.

Comment

You have your forums turned off right now so I can't try to log in.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

Actually, you can.

You will log in on the right top of the page, then a new page loads and says Thank You and it's redirecting, but then goes back to the first page, where the two bars of Username / Password appears again on the right top. But when you click on "What's New" or any other link on the forum, you are logged in.

Comment

I am having the exact same problem but only with IE.

Comment

Hi Guys
                  I have just noticed that if you check the remember me box it logs you in correctly.
                  any ideas why

Comment

Actually, you can.

You will log in on the right top of the page, then a new page loads and says Thank You and it's redirecting, but then goes back to the first page, where the two bars of Username / Password appears again on the right top. But when you click on "What's New" or any other link on the forum, you are logged in.
                    I went to the link you provided and put in the username/password (did not click Remember Me) and hit login. It redirected to the Thank You for loggin in and then back to the main page where I am shown as logged in. So, whatever is happening for you is not happening for me. I'm using firefox.

Comment

It's not happen to me either. I'm using IE8.
                      I suggest you to clear browser's cache on your computer, also flush the dns. Good Luck!

Comment

Cleared the cache, flushed the DNS.

Logged in and I remained logged in! But then I click on Log Out and log back in and the error returns. Lynne, can you log in again? Perhaps it could remember the first log in, but has gone faulty after re-log in.

Comment

I have used about 10 different pc's today some of them customer machines and it is happening on everyone.
                          But only with IE 6-7-8

Comment

Cleared the cache, flushed the DNS.

Logged in and I remained logged in! But then I click on Log Out and log back in and the error returns. Lynne, can you log in again? Perhaps it could remember the first log in, but has gone faulty after re-log in.
                            I logged in, then logged out, then logged in, and it is all fine for me.

You said something initially about another part of your site? I wonder if there is something between them that is causing the problem. Do you have a cookie prefix set for your vbulletin board in your config.php file? Try something other than 'bb' (the default).

Comment